Associate Product Engineer - Stationery & Seasonal
Description: TAKE THE LEAD AS AN ASSOCIATE PRODUCT ENGINEERDevelops and executes the technical development process with direction from a Lead or Senior to ensure product adherence to defined quality standards established for specific Target owned brands. Assists in interpreting the designer's concepts and ushering product through its development lifecycle and provides technical product guidance to Design, Sourcing and Merchant Teams.Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As an Associate Product Engineer, you'll take the lead as you…
- Partner with Technical Designer/Product Engineer to understand the business initiatives, product functional requirements and performance expectations to ensure consistency of product
- Represent Technical Design, in partnership with TD/PE, as part of a Cross Functional Team focused on taking owned brand products to appropriate levels of styles, quality and value
- Support the development of products that meet brand intent and quality
- Develop working knowledge of applicable government regulatory requirements, safety protocols and Target performance standards for products across assigned categories
- Partner with TD/PE to understand competitors to continuously evaluate and compare Target products to that of the competition.
- Support providing effective product technical specifications and product quality standards to include: raw materials, fit/function, construction details and product dimensions
- 4-year college degree in fashion merchandising, design or apparel production; manufacturing or industrial engineering; or product development related degree.
- Minimum 0-2 years experience.
- Knowledge of 2-D and/or 3-D CAD software packages
- Technical knowledge of product deveopment process.
- development with Adobe Creative Suite (Photo Shop, Illustrator, In Design)