SVP, Operations/Chief Operating Officer
We are the ones…that value you
Benedictine Health System, a non-profit health care system that manages more than 30 senior care communities throughout the Midwest, is seeking a full-time SVP, Operations/Chief Operating Officer in Shoreview.
This position is responsible for providing leadership and direction, in accordance with the policies and goals of the President/CEO of BHS and its Board of Directors, to all assigned operational functions/staff in support of the achievement of desired operational, financial, and performance standards and goals.
- Developing and monitoring the progress of financial and operational performance standards to assure viable operations, a positive cash flow, budget adherence, and high levels of quality care and customer satisfaction.
- Identifying and assisting in the implementation of operational systems needed to maximize efficient and effective management.
- Actively participating in setting the strategic direction of management services within operations to ensure effective execution of the BHS Strategic Objectives.
- Overseeing operations governance and partner relations to ensure expectations are continuously exceeded.
- Managing the selection, development and performance of direct reports to retain a professional, motivated operations leadership team for BHS.
- Promoting Benedictine Health System’s Mission and Core Values of Hospitality, Stewardship, Respect and Justice by bringing these values to life in the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree with education background, including a health care focus and meeting the requirements for nursing facility administrator licensure.
- Ten (10) years of operations experience, with demonstrated performance relating to operations as an administrator of a single facility as well as multi-facility operations.
- Operations experience with senior housing and assisted living settings.
- Ten (10) years of leadership/supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the area of advocating public policy changes that impact long-term care facility operations at the state and/or national level. This would include regulatory development and reimbursement system changes, along with overall health policy.
- Must be able to articulate the changes needed at the operations level and as an advocate for the health system in long-term care public policy development.
- Nursing home administrator license.
- Governance and/or management experience with not for profit long-term care organizations.
- Management experience across the full continuum of long-term care.
We offer a competitive benefits package, including paid time off, health and dental insurance, 401(k), and more.
To learn more about Benedictine Health System, please visit us at www.bhshealth.org.