St. Catherine University invites applications for a Loan Coordinator in Student Accounts. The Loan Coordinator is responsible for administering the federally funded Perkins/National Direct Student Loan program, Nursing Student Loan Program, and the Nurse Faculty Loan program, from disbursement of the loan through repayment and retirement of the loan. This position is responsible for backing up and assisting the Collection Coordinator on due diligence and collection processing of account balances for both currently and previously enrolled students as well as responsible for backing up and helping to maintain the integrity of the student account emergency payment plans. The Loan Coordinator will provide customer service for students, parents, faculty and staff, outside agencies and individuals and is responsible for backing up the student service counter when needed. Expectations include maintaining the integrity of loan holds, exit holds and assisting with collection holds, providing documents for the external annual audit and internal and external correspondence with other duties as assigned.
• Loan maintenance including, but not limited to: electronic signing, assignments, write-offs, reconciling UAS to G/L monthly, entering loan holds, monthly reconciling of loans entered in the eUAS system, and St. Catherine University; research regulatory requirements and attend training to ensure program compliance
• Review forms for students that complete Economic Hardship, Forbearance, Deferment, Disability, etc., send forms to UAS for processing; coordinate electronic exit interviews for graduation, mail copies of exit interviews as necessary; mail notes when paid in full, scanning PIF documents to DocFinity
• Maintain Cohort Default rates for all loan programs, enrolled borrower report, separate loans as required by regulations; record keeping in DocFinity; process disability requests, respond to borrower credit disputes and monitor bankruptcy filings; review NSLDS Borrower error report
• Processing online Loan Verification Certificates (LVC) and payment; complete loan analysis monthly and annual write-off processing; monitor Leave of Absence and Voluntary Withdrawal reports to separate loans
• Work with collection agency requests regarding defaulted loans; oversee the collection call process to meet set deadlines; complete Annual Operating Reports and Perkins portion of FISAP each year
• Customer service and meeting one-on-one with students, staff and faculty; phone and email correspondence
• Backup cashier window(s); backup to present at orientation events and/or Student Accounts presentations
• Compile list of graduates with outstanding S/A balances and exit interviews to complete
Special/Other Requirements Summary
To apply: Please go to the St. Catherine University Employment Site at http://www.stkate.edu/hr to electronically apply for this position. Position number is 20180014-Staff. Applicants may also visit the University Human Resources office, located in Derham Hall Room 8, to submit an electronic application. Application deadline is April 1, 2018.
• A minimum of a Bachelor degree in Accounting or related field with minimum of 2 years of experience is required.
• Prior experience in higher education experience and student loan collections, knowledge of the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Privacy Act, Bankruptcy (Ch. 7 and 13) laws, Financial Student Aid Handbook, and effective collection techniques are preferred.
• Experience with SCT Banner software and experience in working with collection agencies is a plus.
• Proficiency in computer system applications, internet applications, Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Superior communication (written and oral) and negotiation skills, organization and attention to detail with a high degree of analytical ability is necessary.
• Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work well with a diverse student population.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer ~Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org