Donor Relations and Stewardship Manager
St. Catherine University invites applications for a Donor Relations and Stewardship Manager. The Donor Relations and Stewardship Manager will coordinate efforts within Institutional Advancement to strengthen relationships with donors. This role will provide leadership in the development of University-wide acknowledgement processes, special donor recognition initiatives, reports to donors for endowed and current-use accounts, and related initiatives. This includes responding to donor inquiries, analyzing data, and other projects as identified.
• Strategic planning for a University-wide program for donor relations utilizing donor appreciation, event planning, correspondence, donor programs, etc. Ensure that programs and events are within budget and compliant with IRS Regulations. This includes individual donors, planned gift donors, society members, corporations and foundations.
• Develop, implement, and manage a reporting process for all donor gift funds. Manage all aspects of researching, documenting and recording information into Banner.
• Receive, investigate, and respond to donor inquiries regarding gifts, accounts and acknowledgements. Oversee the establishment of donor named fund agreements and memorials.
• Monitor constituent giving levels for the purposes of managing gift societies and stewardship programs. Create reporting and alert system to monitor all programs and all thresholds of giving. Analyze data and trends to determine program offerings.
• Establish relationships with donors through phone calls, correspondence and participation in events. Utilize interactions to understand how donors want to be thanked.
• Acknowledge and respond to information received on the personal and professional events and achievements of current and potential donors.
• Document policies and procedures for donor relations, support Institutional Advancement campaigns and projects. Perform all other related duties as assigned by the Director of Operations and Analytics.
Special/Other Requirements Summary
To apply: Please go to the St. Catherine University Employment Site at http://www.stkate.edu/hr to electronically apply for this position. Position number is 20180013-Staff. Applicants may also visit the University Human Resources office, located in Derham Hall Room 8, to submit an electronic application. Application deadline is March 25, 2018.
• Bachelor degree Public Administration, Public Relations, Business Administration Marketing or closely related field with 3 years of progressively responsible experience in fundraising, public relations and/or customer service experience is required. Previous foundation or non-profit experience preferred.
• Exceptional computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suite and experience querying relational databases and working with CRM and data visualization software.
• Effective communication: verbal and written, attention to detail in composing, keying and proofing materials.
• Ability to develop and maintain positive interpersonal relationships, working successfully with diverse individuals with a variety of work and communication styles, both internally and externally.
• Secure working in a fast-paced environment, adjusting to changing and/or tight deadlines, with the ability to multitask as well as prioritize and reprioritize through the work day.
• Exceptional customer service and organization; ability to handle sensitive/confidential information appropriately.
• Demonstrated initiative and creative problem-solving skills; Be intensely creative and curious.
• All applicants must support a climate that promotes cultural diversity and multicultural understanding and can support the university's tripartite mission - Catholic, Women, and Liberal Arts.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer ~Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org