Engineer - Infrastructure Services Automation
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We're the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target's passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world's best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies—and the brightest people—to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
JOIN US AS AN ENGINEER - APPLICATION DELIVERY NETWORKING + AUTOMATION!Join our Connectivity Engineering team and build world class technology solutions! Our team is looking for an innovative and results focused engineer to help us develop next generation patterns for load balancing and related services. This position focuses on programmatic methods for deployment and management of our infrastructure and services, and ensuring operating efficiencies across the environment through automation. You will have the opportunity to engineer cutting edge infrastructure automation while building partnerships within network teams and across other infrastructure and application development teams.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of an innovative and visionary team. As an Engineer, you'll …
• Leverage DevOps practices to develop innovative automation solutions for load balancing and related service patterns
• Participate in the evolution of enterprise load balancing patterns through the evaluation of new solutions and automation and integration of existing solutions
• Use your troubleshooting skills to quickly assess and resolve problems to ensure infrastructure and application stability
• Collaborate with partner teams to develop consistent technical solutions, implementation activities and support processes
• Work closely with other engineers and partners to ensure development meets business needs
• Contribute to construction activities ensuring architectural and operational requirements are met
• Resolve hardware, operational, infrastructure and application incidents
• Participate in the design, lifecycle management, and total cost of ownership of platforms, applications and infrastructure services
• BA/BS or equivalent experience
• 1-3 years total work experience
• Proven experience with developing and troubleshooting service and/or platform-focused infrastructure automation
• Basic understanding of Agile development methodologies
• Self-motivated individual willing to drive results and work with other team members to build amazing solutions
• Maintains technical knowledge within areas of expertise and stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
• Past experience with administration in the areas of load balancing and related service patterns (eg. web application firewalls, DNS, authentication, etc. )
• Familiarity with the concepts of Infrastructure As A Service
• Experience with programming for network environments using Ruby, Python, Ansible, Go, SQL, etc.
• Experience working with CI/CD pipelines
• Experience with DevOps/Agile development
• Working knowledge of monitoring and analytics tools (Sensu, ELK, Telegraf/Influx, Grafana)