Machine Tool Instructor
Minneapolis Community and Technical College is seeking a permanent, full-time instructor in the CNC Machinist (Machine Tool) Program within the School of Trade Technologies. This is an opportunity for an unlimited probationary position, the two-year college equivalent to a tenure-track position.
Unlimited full-time (UFT)
Fall Semester 2018 (August 22, 2018)
The State of Minnesota offers an excellent benefits package including health insurance, life insurance, optional dental, short- and long-term disability, paid personal and sick leave, defined benefits and defined contribution (401 (a), retirement plans), tuition waiver for employees and dependents, and optional 457 and 403(b) retirement savings plans.
Annual instructor salaries currently range from $35,984 - $79,218 on the basis of education and experience; salary schedule placement is determined in accordance with the Minnesota State College Faculty contract.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Providing quality teaching methods in assigned field of study
• Participating in student assessment and departmental meetings
• Participating actively in the college community through committee work and interdepartmental collaboration
• Utilizing campus technology to stay current and connected to faculty, staff and students
Must possess or meet minimum qualifications for Minnesota State colleges and universities credential field of Machine Tool Technology/Machinist, #500125:
• Two year diploma in machine tool technology/machinist.
Occupational Experience Requirement
• Four full-time years (or equivalent) of verified related paid work experience in machine setup, programming, troubleshooting and operation of both manual and CNC equipment.
• One year of this work experience shall be within the five years immediately preceding the date of application for the credential field. The recency requirement shall be waived if the individual has two years of successful full-time (or equivalent) post-secondary teaching experience in the credential field within the last five years.
• Teaching experience in a community college or technical school setting
• Occupational experience specifically with CNC and manual machines
• Strong computer skills, CAM, CAD, Solid modeling and Microsoft Office software
• Knowledge of print reading, technical math, machine setup, troubleshooting, inspection, jigs and fixtures, EDM
• Experience developing and using student-centered, active and experiential learning strategies
• Experience incorporating technology into curriculum delivery
• Experience assessing student academic achievement
INTERESTED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD APPLY ONLINE ON OR BEFORE APRIL 13, 2018.
Submit a cover letter, cv/resume, unofficial copies of all transcripts, and contact information for at least three (3) references who can directly address your qualifications for this position (prefer that at least one reference observed you while you were acting in a teaching capacity), online to:
Paper application materials cannot be considered. Copies of transcripts will be acceptable for the screening process; however, the successful candidate must provide official transcripts at the time of hire.
Minneapolis Community and Technical College is one of the largest and most diverse two-year colleges in Minnesota, serving approximately 13,000 students annually in credit and noncredit programs. MCTC enrolls 58% students of color. As a comprehensive public community and technical college, MCTC offers 114 credentials in 44 liberal arts and career and technical programs. The College has strong ties to corporate and industry partners that help fund student scholarships, provide state-of-the-art training and equipment, and offer internship and employment opportunities to the College's graduates.
The College is located downtown with easy access to jobs, internships, city life, restaurants, entertainment venues and cultural activities just steps away. The Twin Cities is also home to a population of more than three million people and the highest concentration of corporate
headquarters of any metropolitan area in the U.S. The region consistently ranks high in quality-of-life surveys, with a relatively low cost of living and a wealth of cultural and recreational activities.
MCTC is a member of the Minnesota State colleges and universities system. With 24 two year colleges and seven state universities. Minnesota State is the largest provider of higher education in the state of Minnesota and the fifth largest system of higher education in the country.