Executive Assistant (Job#2018-06)
POSITION TITLE: Executive Assistant (Job#2018-06)
DEPARTMENT: Executive Office
EMPLOYEE GROUP: Associate Executive Staff (AES)
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Executive Director
PROBATIONARY PERIOD: 180 Days
Under the Direction of the Education Minnesota Executive Director, the Executive Assistant performs varied administrative assistant duties directly supporting Education Minnesota’s President and Executive Director. This position provides logistical support to the Governing Board and is the coordinator for the annual Representative Convention. This position receives and screens calls, schedules meetings, coordinates travel arrangements and prepares correspondence and reports.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide all aspects of administrative support to Education Minnesota’s President and Executive Director, which include scheduling meetings, maintaining calendars, screening phone calls, monitoring emails and coordinating travel arrangements.
• Provide direct support to the Governing Board and Executive Committee; coordinate and facilitate all on and off site meetings, including reserving hotel and hospitality rooms, catering, prepare agenda and materials, take minutes and respond to inquiries and requests by board members.
• Coordinate the annual Representative Convention, which includes finding the venue, being the main contact with staff for coordination of all lodging, meeting space, booths, receptions and meetings. Responsible for communication with all local leaders and delegates regarding registration and hotel information, delegate allocation, convention call, agendas and materials.
• Responsible for the scheduling of officers for general statewide meetings including; Intermediate Organization meetings, any regional ESP meetings, legislative meetings, and general invitations from local presidents for local meetings.
• Provide oversight of committee and task force meeting arrangements, including coordinating hotel rooms, meeting rooms, catering and providing notifications to office professional staff.
• Schedule and attend Executive Staff meetings, prepare agendas and take meeting minutes.
• May provide the coordination or administration of other Education Minnesota developed or sponsored programs.
• Other job related duties of a like or similar nature as assigned.
Maintain confidential information related to the organization, members and staff.
MACHINES AND/OR TOOLS OPERATED:
Printer, copier, FAX machine/copier
MS Office suite software
Proprietary database software (e.g. IMS, NEA360, CVENT)
Education Minnesota leaders and members Education Minnesota staff
Education leaders Governmental agencies
General public Consultants/Vendors/Contractors
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of unions, contract language and negotiations.
• Knowledge of non-profit organizations.
• Knowledge of internal and external functions of an education organization.
• Strong personal character, integrity, and judgment.
• Ability to maintaining a high degree of confidentiality and handle information with discretion.
• Ability to assess and address complex issues and matters in a timely fashion.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities.
• Three (3) years administrative support experience.
• Five (5) year’s administrative experience.
• Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field.
Employee is required to: Continuously sit, talk and hear; frequently stand, walk and repetitively use hands dexterously (use fingers to handle, feel), reach with hands and arms, bend and physically lift and carry up to 25 pounds; occasionally lift up to 50 pounds and infrequently travel by various conveyances (e.g., air, rail, auto).
• Some travel, evening and weekend work required.
EDUCATION MINNESOTA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Education Minnesota is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where diversity is valued, supported and celebrated to benefit applicants, employees, members and students. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business need.
POSTING DEADLINE: For best consideration, apply online and include a resume, by 11:59 PM on April 13, 2018.
Please apply online at: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=education&jobId=235589&lang=en_US&source=CC3
41 SHERBURNE AVENUE
ST. PAUL, MN 55103