Sr Manager, Editorial & Channel Management
Description: Serve as an editor-in-chief, story-crafter, investigative reporter and communications strategist, all with the goal of sharing Target's story internally, and strengthening team member engagement. As Senior Manager, Editorial & Channel Management, you'll lead a team of talented writers, and partner with external and internal teams to deliver daily news to 28K+ team members.Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Sr. Manager, Editorial and Channel Management you'll take the lead in…
- Digital content publishing + channel management - you'll helm the daily publication of Target's award-winning internal communications email channel, TGT Briefly, and monthly senior leader-facing, news-to-use email communication, the Source. You'll work closely with your peers across the Communications team, as well as key business partners like HR and Stores Communications, to plan and align content.
- Top-notch writing + editing - you'll oversee the daily creation of stories that support transparency for Target team members, while sharing company news and strategy. Identifying and developing creative, clear, concise writing and the ability to edit complex topics into sharp, short, engaging stories should be at the top of your “I'm great at” list.
- Story mining + reporting - you and your team generate story ideas by looking at the external landscape, as well as working with internal partners to identify and react quickly to stories that need to be told. The goal is to help our audience understand what's happening at Target to accelerate growth.
- Operational support - you'll use your project management and organizational skills to oversee two editorial calendars, manage annual channel plans, respond to daily feedback, and execute measurement and results reporting as we continually evaluate the effectiveness of our communication strategies.
- Collaboration + leadership - because you and your team work across so many disparate partners to accomplish daily tasks, a knack for understanding and distilling complex topics and the ability to collaborate successfully is absolutely critical. Experience leading an editorial team is required.
- Innovation - you'll bring an innovative approach to the channel and prioritize continuous improvements to keep it fresh, engaging and cutting-edge, all while keeping its core consistently excellent.
- 4-year college degree required, with emphasis in communications-related area
- 8+ years of related work experience
- Prior experience and effectiveness in managing high-profile digital (web or email) or print publications
- Prior experience and effectiveness in developing editorial strategy and writing for high-profile digital (web or email) or print publications; AP style expertise required
- Prior experience leading a team or editors and writers, and developing talent
- Prior experience managing web-based content management systems
- Proven skills in relationship development, project management and issue resolution
- Ability to focus on both broad, strategic vision and small, critical details
- Ability to take risks and thrive in ambiguity and a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong communication, presentation and influencing skills
- Expertise in communication measurement, analytics and reporting
- Experience in leadership development