Internship (Paid) (Summer)
About Best Vendors Management…
Join the exciting world of unattended refreshment and food solutions with Best Vendors, the largest national account management company in the industry. As part of Compass Group, the 6th largest employer in the world, Best Vendors gives you the opportunity to work with Fortune 500 companies, learn from some of the brightest and most experienced minds in the industry, and become part of a diverse team committed to providing the best possible service to our clients and customers each day. We are committed to attracting, retaining and developing top level talent—if you’re up for the challenge, contact us today. We think you’ll feel right at home! Forbes agrees that Best Vendors is a great place to work – Compass Group ranked on Forbes’ 2015 list of Best Employers, and in 2016, Compass Group ranked #33 on Fortune Magazine’s list of global companies changing the world.
This is a great opportunity to get hands-on experience in operations/customer service. Interns will be assigned a mentor and participate in training on general business skills and behaviors.
Duration of Internship: 2-3 months
Start Date: Summer term
Hours per Week: Full time
Position Description and Tasks
Students will be supervised and trained, according to their needs and the requirements of the position.
- Assistance on special projects
- New business rollouts for a variety of departments
- Calling locations and/or vendors
- Data entry
- Applicants must be a full-time undergraduate student registered in school in their junior or starting their senior (preferred) year this Fall. Students must be majoring in business, communication, accounting, finance, economics, marketing, or related business major.
- Ideal candidates should be motivated learners who possess a professional attitude, good team working skills, ability to communicate effectively, personal integrity and a strong intellectual curiosity.
- Ability to be flexible and think on your feet in a diverse, dynamic and fast-paced environment is essential.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs is required (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Preference given to students who can commit at least 2.5 months beginning in the Summer term.
When applying, include cover letter and resume: In your cover letter, please make note of any significant coursework, class projects, work experience that directly relates to this internship. Include a printout of transcripts in your information.
Application Deadline: April 25, 2018
If you find our company intriguing and the position sounds like a great fit … what are you waiting for? Click Apply Now!
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.