Assistant Professor of Speech Communication
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF SPEECH COMMUNICATION, #00010789
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Responsibilities include teaching Fundamentals of Public Speaking and college-level communication classes, student advising, record keeping, committee work and other duties as assigned by the Department Chair and/or the Dean of Humanities, Arts, & Sciences.
- Master’s degree in Speech Communication or related discipline with a minimum of 18 graduate hours in Speech Communication.
- Documented successful teaching experience in speech communication.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to articulate and support the community college philosophy with a strong commitment to teaching and learning in a community college setting.
- Good computer software skills - Microsoft Office, email and Outlook calendar.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to work cooperatively with diverse groups.
- Post-secondary speech communication teaching experience.
- Experience with a variety of teaching resources, media and technologies, including computer-aided instruction and/or online instruction technologies.
- Experience with non-traditional teaching methods such as facilitating group work, use of inquiry-based and other active learning pedagogies, and/or contextualized instruction.
- Experience teaching with technology and a willingness to explore innovative course delivery methods.
COMPENSATION: Nine month full-time tenure track position. Competitive salary based on experience and education. Comprehensive fringe benefit package including TIAA retirement plan and full coverage for family health insurance. Click here for full employee benefits.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: To be considered for this position, all applications must be fully submitted by 5:00 pm on May 18, 2018. To apply, click the Apply button at the top of the page. Complete the online application and upload a cover letter, resume, three letters of reference, and copies of transcripts (undergraduate and graduate). Paper applications will not be accepted. (NOTE: Incomplete files will NOT be considered.)
STARTING DATE: August 13, 2018.
For more information or assistance contact: Human Resources (701) 224-5531. This position requires a criminal history record check.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Human Resources*Meadowlark Building*PO Box 5587*1700 Schafer St.*Bismarck, ND 58506-5587
701-224-5531*800-366-6888 (TTY Relay ND)
North Dakota Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.