Inginaire is looking for a Mechanical Drafter to work for our client in St. Paul, MN. Our client is a company that has been committed to the design and manufacture of the highest quality surgical instrumentation. This employee will be responsible for creating, revising CAD models and detailed drawings, measuring and testing products using AutoCAD LT 2018 and SolidWorks. This is a 6-9 month contract.
- Prepare new and revise existing drawings of devices, prototypes and fixtures to document specifications as requested.
- Provide accurate and timely drawings for approval.
- Perform testing per written test protocols and record data.
- Take measurements of samples and prototypes.
- Maintain electronic copies of drawing per .documented work instruction.
- Perform other tasks related to drawings as required.
- 3+ years' work experience with AutoCAD in a manufacturing field required.
- Work experience with Solid Works 2013 or higher preferred.
- Experience with using metrology equipment (Caliper, Micrometer, Gage Pins) required.
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Office experience required.
- Formal training as a Mechanical Drafter required.
- AutoCAD 2000 or higher training preferred.
- SolidWorks 2013 or higher training preferred.
- Knowledge of Trigonometry and Geometry required.
- Print reading ability, ability to figure out auxiliary views, multi-view sketching or drawing; Ability to use calipers, micrometers, and optical comparator.
- Organizational skills.