Team Lead, Quality
Assists in the management of quality assurance activities for all phases of food production, personnel and laboratory operations. Schedules and assigns workloads; and maintains close rapport with production to identify, solve and prevent problems affecting quality. Directs product quality surveillance of manufacturing areas with possible HACCP monitoring, conducts periodic facility inspections and may perform daily bacteriological environmental inspections in critical plant areas; supervises special inspections for incoming materials, end-of-run products, etc. Coordinates with production in the monitoring of packaging lines for effective control of weights, metal detection, codes and product/package integrity. Involved in all aspects of Quality and Food Safety including but not limited to audits, GMP training, sanitation evaluation, insect and rodent control, purchasing supplies, inspecting incoming products, customer complaints, implementing policies & procedures and evaluating new equipment installation or repair.
Coordinate quality assurance activities Provide technical assistance and training to personnel Monitor and verify the HACCP plan’ CCPs Conduct GMP and sanitation audits of operations and warehouse areas Work with operations personnel on quality and food safety issues Verify operations control systems are functional and being followed Place product on hold, release or disposition as needed Evaluate and disposition for damaged products Coordinate resolution of customer complaints
• BS degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry or related field or related experience
• 3 to 5 years of experience in Food Industry
• 1-2 years of supervisory experience directly supervising others
Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of laboratory activities to include microbiological testing not limited to APC, Coliforms/E. coli, Salmonella, Listeria, Yeast and Mold analytical testing to include moisture, color, HPLC
- Thorough knowledge of Good Sanitation Practices (GSPs) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Familiar with SQF Standards for Level 3 Certification
- Understanding of Statistical Process Control and elementary statistical analysis
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, i.e., Word, Excel, Access etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills & ability to organize and follow through on projects & jobs
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities within the department
- Ability to mentor and train others
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.