Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
People • Customers • Trust
At Packaging Corporation of America (PCA), we think of ourselves as more than a box manufacturer. We are an ideas and solutions company. We seek to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. It just happens to be that corrugated products are our area of expertise.
At PCA, you’ll find the best people in the industry operating in a “golden rule” culture. We actively promote mutually rewarding relationships with each other and our customers by advocating respect for every individual, ethical and fair practices, and the highest standards in what we say and do. PCA is proud to have a highly skilled and experienced team leading the way.
Currently we are seeking an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic located at the Minneapolis, MN, plant.
• Preventive, predictive, corrective, and reactive maintenance
• Proficient in using power tools, welder, grinder, torch, caliper, micrometer, saws of any kind, etc
• Must pay attention to detail and be a problem solver with analytical thinking flexibility
• Be able to adjust, align, and level machinery and components
• Basic familiarity with computers and electronic instruments
• Corrugating industry experience is a plus
• Boiler License preferred, but not required
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic Job Objectives: To repair and maintain equipment and machinery in order to promote disruption free production and zero defect and rework for quality of the products.
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic Job Duties:
• Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with safety procedures, rules, and regulations
• Ensures proper operation of machinery and equipment by completing preventative maintenance activities on mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems. Must be able to troubleshoot machinery by following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications
• Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation, listening for problems, using precision measuring and testing instruments
• Removes defective parts by dismantling devices, using hoists, cranes, hand and power tools, examining form and texture of parts
• Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts, using calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments
• Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straight edges
• Fabricates repair parts by using shop equipment. Must be able to weld, grind, and torch
• Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
• Salary will be based on skills and aptitude
PCA provides a competitive comprehensive benefits package.
If, you are interested in employment with PCA and meet the basic qualifications listed above, please stop in to our location between the hours of 9am – 4pm M-F and complete a job interest form.
Packaging Corporation of America
1821 Marshall Street NW
Minneapolis, MN 55418
PCA is an equal opportunity employer. – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.