Sr Financial Analyst, FP&A Stores Finance
Sr Financial Analyst, FP&A, Stores Finance (4266)
Date: April 2018
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.
Right on pace with Target's distinctive retail brand, Target Finance and Accounting are transforming for the better. As so much more than a behind-the-scenes number-cruncher, you will be a truly collaborative partner with a seat at the table. You'll bring your unique point of view, experience and passion for the work to your team and internal clients. In Finance, you'll be an integral voice in discussions that lead to Target's unparalleled shopping experience. Your analysis and recommendations will be directly applied to critical business decisions, from sales to merchandising and beyond. Within Finance, you'll enjoy the interesting challenges of the competitive retail space, and you'll have a 360-degree impact—rather than on just one part of the business. You'll see your contributions come to life in virtually every area of this dynamic enterprise. And you'll grow and be challenged in your career while having a healthy balance with life outside of work.
A role on the Financial Planning and Analysis team means providing insight and guidance to support Target's strategic growth strategies and financial decisions. You'll deliver objective and financially-focused insights to the business owners and finance leaders. You will be a critically important resource for long-term and annual financial planning, analysis and drive cross-company initiatives.
As a Sr Financial Analyst, Stores Finance, you will be a key partner in two of Target's top growth strategies - small format stores and remodel stores. Your onboarding will including visiting Small Format and Remodel stores to understand them from a sales and operations perspective first hand, and the goal is that you will be a key partner with field and HQ leaders to determine and execute our strategies going forward. As the owner of Small Format and Remodel store-level sales forecasts and payroll budgets, you will analyze sales trends and develop points of view on the sales impacts of upcoming initiatives and remodel activity to create accurate sales forecasts. You will also build payroll plans based on store workload, perform analysis on individual stores' efficiency in completing work, and prepare store level payroll plans given workload, total budget, and ROI goals, partnering with capital finance, regional finance managers, store leaders, and store operations to help small format stores operate within annual financial and operational goals. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Four year college degree or equivalent work experience
- Three to five years work experience
- Comfortable understanding and analyzing large amounts of data at both a granular and a high level
- Strong modeling skills
- Ability to communicate with and educate senior level leaders
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to analyze, plan, organize, multi-task, meet deadlines, and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to build partnerships and work collaboratively, both within own team and across teams
- Strong oral and written communication
- Ability to adjust to changing landscape, systems, and processes and willingness to drive the change when necessary to achieve better outcomes
- Team player who brings people together to achieve common goals
- SSAS experience a plus