Assistant/Associate Professor of Practice/Acute Care Clinical Pharmacy Specialist
The Department of Pharmacy Practice at the North Dakota State University School of Pharmacy is seeking a qualified individual for a full-time, 12-month, non-tenure track faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor of Practice. Also, the individual will serve as an acute care Clinical Pharmacy Specialist at the Veterans Administration Health Care System (VAHCS) in Fargo, ND. Individuals with specialty training and experience in acute care clinical pharmacy, especially with expertise in nephrology are of particular interest.
The individual will be responsible for coordinating and teaching within the Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) didactic curriculum in the pharmacotherapy course dealing with renal diseases, fluid/electrolytes and acid-base balance topics and also provide additional teaching in therapeutic case-based courses. Other teaching may also be requested. The individual will provide clinical pharmacy services, and will precept Pharm.D. students during Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experiences at the Fargo VAHCS. Additionally, the individual is expected to perform research/scholarship, as well as service to the School/College/University.
- Pharm.D. degree from an Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) accredited College or School of Pharmacy
- Completed a PGY1 ASHP-accredited residency, or have accumulated at least three years of recent and consistent experience in acute care clinical pharmacy practice
- Eligible for pharmacist licensure in North Dakota
- Adequate written and verbal communication skills
- Eligible for providing service at the Veterans Administration Health Care System (VAHCS), Fargo
- Completed/completing a PGY2 ASHP-accredited residency
- Accumulated more than 3 years of consistent experience in acute care clinical pharmacy practice
- Nephrology pharmacy practice experience
- Teaching experience in pharmacy or medical programs
- Precepting experience in pharmacy or medical programs
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist
- Research/scholarship experience
- Demonstration of leadership and collaboration skills
- Demonstration of self-development
- Previous VAHCS experience
Screening of applications will begin immediately. The deadline for application is May 31, 2018. The anticipated start date is June/July 2018. Applicants should submit a letter of interest which contains statements of career goals, immediate and long-term teaching interests, and research aspirations and interests; a curriculum vitae; and names of 3 references to: https://jobs.ndsu.edu/. NDSU is an equal opportunity institution.