Sr Inventory Manager - Floorcare, Storage and Utility
Description: A role in Global Inventory Management means applying your specialized and well-informed point of view to what we buy, from whom, how much, and where it needs to go from there. You'll use the right combination of data and expertise to achieve the best possible product availability through proper inventory positioning. You'll also focus on the efficient transportation of product around the world, while ensuring compliance with U.S. Customs regulations and achieving the best possible product availability through proper inventory positioning. You'll not only establish and develop great relationships with our vendors to encourage on-time shipment and delivery to stores and ultimately, guests, but also analyze transportation supplier capabilities and contracts for maximum speed, reliability and cost effectiveness. Lead Inventory management team to enable growth through creating a faster, easier, more flexible fulfillment experience for the guest.
KEY KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Lead inventory management in the roundtable, partner closely with Merch Divisional and Planning Divisional to reach division goals.
- Lead the inventory management team in solving complex problems. This is about simplifying a problem to find the root cause, considering multiple solutions and long-term impacts, and thinking non-traditionally to develop the right way to move forward for the guest.
- Lead the team to have strong inventory management acumen and fundamentals. Everyone should understand how inventory management links the business to the guest, and that supply and demand adds a natural variability we need to solve for in an omnichannel world.
- Lead the team to be skilled operational strategist. Every decision we make should be rooted in strategy - such as knowing how it impacts the broader business, and the balance it strikes between inventory management performance and financial impact.
- Drive for continuous improvement. This means streamlining processes, eliminating redundancy and constantly evaluating effectiveness optimizes our whole operation and keeps us improving, even when things are running well.
- Build and develop high performing, diverse, and engaged teams.
- Direct responsibility for acquiring product from the vendor and distributing product where and when it is needed.
- Ensure proper inventory positioning to drive availability.
- Ensure on-time delivery to stores and guests.
KEY KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Expertise in Inventory management principals and systems.
- Develop expertise in lean problem solving methodologies.
- Experience in supply chain planning: allocation, replenishment, operations.
- Understanding of financial planning, merchandise planning.
- Consensus building, influencing and negotiating at senior levels.
- Team management and development.
- Strong communication skills.
- Translating data from an array of sources into insights and go-forward recommendations.
- Inventory Management team
- Supply Chain Partners & Field/Stores team
- Director of Planning
- Divisional of Merchandising
- Bachelor's degree.
- Indirect or direct team leadership with success achieving business results through that team.
- Knowledge of supply chain or inventory management principles, systems, and practical applications.
- Expertise in lean problem solving methodologies.
- 4-6 years of experience in inventory management, planning, supply chain, or a related function.