Sr Product Designer - Self Service & Returns
Description: Senior Product Designer (UX Designer) for Self-Service & Returns - Target.comThe Senior Product Designer for Self-Service & Returns is responsible for defining and documenting guest experiences to build world-class web experiences for Target guests. The product designer will craft UX strategy, drive and facilitate product discovery through testing and research, sketch concepts, define information architecture, build prototypes, and will collaborate with product managers, engineers and other partners. The successful candidate must be able to show specific work samples and case studies that show clear, high-quality designs articulating complex data-driven and user-focused systems.Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. Take the lead as you…
- Create world class experiences for online self-service in resolving guest order issues. Explore and innovate on how we can make the returns & exchanges process as fast, efficient and hassle-free as possible.
- Utilize the best practices of service design to create holistic guest experiences; this can include designing for a combination of digital interactions and physical experiences in the Target store.
- Understand how to incorporate both qualitative and quantitative research into the design process and be able to articulate and defend design decisions using this research as an input and a guide.
- Perform weekly Discovery tasks for your product area: generate new concepts and hypotheses, rapidly prototype and test those ideas, support and conduct UX research (with support of the UX research team), pivot quickly to new directions based on feedback & learning
- Follow through on delivery: own production design with an eye for detail and efficiency to create final design assets to support engineering in shipping the product out the door.
- Collaborate cheerfully with others, including other designers, engineers, product managers, accessibility team members, and operational stakeholders.
- Consult with other teams across Target (e.g., other Account-based product teams (Post-Purchase, etc), Store experience design, App design, and more) to ensure cohesiveness of the self-service & returns experience for guests.
- Assist with maintaining a pattern library of UI and design elements, together with engineers and accessibility, to ensure reusable, proven and tested patterns are documented and socialized to individual tools teams.
- 4+ years experience in digital software product work with emphasis in UX Design, Interface Design and interaction design.
- Expert skills in design and prototyping tools (includes Sketch, Invision, Axure, Illustrator, or equivalent)
- Experience with UX research methodologies and ability to conduct or partner with research experts to gather guest feedback
- Must work well independently and have the ability to successfully lead large-scale projects and initiatives involving multiple cross-functional teams
- Must be an exceptional collaborator and persuader
- Must be able to work well in a matrixed environment
- Must be able to present well and articulate and defend design decisions with grace, logic and data
- Experience with service design techniques a plus