Sr Product Designer - Findability
Description: Senior Product Designer (UX) -Findability The Senior Product Designer for Findability is responsible for defining and documenting guest experiences to build world-class web experiences for Target guests. The product designer will craft UX strategy, drive and facilitate product discovery through testing and research, sketch concepts, define information architecture, build prototypes, and will collaborate with product managers, engineers and other partners. The successful candidate must be able to show specific work samples and case studies that show clear, high-quality designs articulating complex data-driven and user-focused systems.Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. Take the lead as you…
- Create world class experiences for search, site navigation and results faceting for digital guests.
- Understand how to incorporate both qualitative and quantitative research into the design process and be able to articulate and defend design decisions using this research as an input and a guide.
- Conduct product discovery tasks - generating new concepts and hypotheses, rapidly prototype and test those ideas, support and conduct UX research, pivot quickly to new directions.
- Follow through on delivery - own production design with an eye for detail and efficiency to create final design assets to support engineering in shipping the product out the door.
- Collaborate wildly well with others including other designers, engineers, product managers, QA staff, accessibility team members, and partners in marketing.
- Consult with other teams across Target (e.g., Apps Product Teams, Target Creative, Pricing & Promotions, Item, etc.) to ensure cohesiveness of the App ecosystem for the guest.
- Assist with maintaining a pattern library of UI and design elements, together with engineers and accessibility, to ensure reusable, proven and tested patterns are documented and socialized to individual tools teams.
- 4+ years experience in digital software product work with emphasis in UX Design, interface design and interaction design.
- Expert skills in design and prototyping tools (includes Sketch, Invision, Axure, Illustrator, or equivalent)
- Experience with UX research methodologies and ability to conduct or partner with research experts to gather guest feedback
- Must work well independently and have the ability to successfully lead large-scale projects and initiatives involving multiple cross-functional teams
- Must be an exceptional collaborator and persuader
- Must be able to work well in a matrixed environment
- Must be able to present well and articulate and defend design decisions with grace, logic and data