Care Linkage Specialist
JustUs Health, formed through the merger of Minnesota AIDS Project (MAP) and Rainbow Health Initiative (RHI), envisions a Minnesota where people from diverse gender, sexual, and cultural communities experience health and wellness in powerfully inclusive environments. Founded in 1983, MAP is widely recognized for the impact of its prevention and support services for individuals living with HIV or at risk of HIV infection. RHI, founded in 2001, advances the health of the LGBTQ communities through research, education and advocacy. Together, JustUs Health will lead work to achieve health equity for diverse gender, sexual, and cultural communities.
JustUs Health seeks a full-time Care Linkage Specialist. This position works with the AIDSLine, Minnesota’s information and referral center for HIV prevention and services. The Care Linkage Specialist has comprehensive knowledge of HIV prevention, resources, services and community activities and applies this knowledge in work with the public. The Care Linkage Specialist provides short term individualized assistance, primarily in community settings, to people living with HIV to help link them to care services such as insurance, medical care and case management. This position also builds and maintains relationships with partner organizations to facilitate linkage of new clients to services.
- Staffing the AIDSLine hotline and providing excellent client service in each interaction.
- Assessing needs of individuals contacting the AIDSLine and providing information and referrals.
- Conducting direct and honest discussions with clients regarding sensitive topics such as sexual activity and drug use behavior.
- Maintaining a thorough understanding of HIV disease, transmission and services.
- Delivering face-to-face services to individuals living with HIV which provides basic information on HIV treatment and transmission, linkage to medical care, HIV Case Management and other core services. These are offered at our offices and in community settings.
- Networking with area providers to promote referrals of individuals needing linkage services.
- Documenting face-to-face interactions in a thorough and timely manner.
- Assisting with training and coaching of department interns.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, human services or other related area or equivalent professional experience. Preference to those with one year or more of social service experience.
- Capacity to sensitively address issues and work with individuals from diverse populations including: gay/bi/MSM communities, transgender communities, immigrant populations and communities of color. Individuals from these target populations are encouraged to apply.
- Valid Minnesota Driver’s license is preferred. Access to reliable transportation and ability to travel throughout the metro area is required.
- Knowledge of HIV prevention, care and related issues.
- Familiarity with navigating public insurance options.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Experience working with computers and electronic databases.
- Motivation to take leadership with individual tasks and to work collaboratively as part of the AIDSLine team.