Assistant Director Office of Graduate Admissions
St. Catherine University invites applications for an Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions. This position is responsible for outreach activities to create visibility among key external audiences and generate new prospective student leads for a portfolio of the University's graduate programs. The Assistant Director will also nurture and convert new leads/students to apply and enroll and will use their depth of understanding of the professional development needs of working professionals, as well as their experience in sales and recruitment, to attract and convert prospective students. This position will work closely and collaboratively with graduate program directors and other faculty, as well as other staff in graduate admissions. The Assistant Director operates independently and with a high degree of sophistication to represent the University to diverse contacts in businesses, nonprofits, schools, colleges, public entities and other organizations. Hours are 10:00 am- 7:00 pm Monday-Thursday, 10:00am-4:30 pm Friday: and additional weekend evening hours as needed.
• Recruitment and outreach, face-to-face and digital, in a wide variety of external settings, which may include businesses, healthcare providers, schools, colleges, universities, professional organizations, public and nonprofit agencies.
• Maintain and nurture partnerships with graduate program directors and other faculty and other graduate admission staff as well as other key internal constituents.
• Work closely with prospective students to ensure high rates of conversion from the point of inquiry to application, and high yield rates from the point of application to acceptance and matriculation.
• Engage consistently with prospects throughout the recruitment cycle.
• Advise on policies, procedures and technical details, including academic program requirements, prerequisite requirements, licensure requirements, admissions procedures and financial aid.
Special/Other Requirements Summary
To apply: Please go to the St. Catherine University Employment Site at http://www.stkate.edu/hr to electronically apply for this position. Applicants may also visit the University Human Resources office, located in Derham Hall Room 8, to submit an electronic application. Application review begins immediately, position open until filled.
• Must have Bachelor's Degree and three or more years in consultative sales and recruitment.
• Master's Degree and experience in higher education is preferred.
• Ability to recruit professional students using a skilled, consultative sales approach.
• High level of cultural competence and demonstrated ability to work with diverse audiences.
• Teamwork and ability to build relationship with a wide variety of faculty and staff is essential.
• Demonstrated skills in process planning, teamwork, program administration and organization.
• Strong interpersonal, advising, recruitment required.
• Successful experience working with diverse student populations and possess understanding of cross-cultural issues.
• Familiarity with needs of and services for students with disabilities and different learning style.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer ~Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org