Director PD&D Design - Beauty
Description: About This OpportunityWith over 1,800 stores and nearly 375,000 team members globally, Target is one of the world's most recognized brands and one of America's top companies. But behind the Target our guests love is a culture of continual innovation - a culture that helps us stay ahead of the curve. Every day, we deliver on our unique "Expect More. Pay Less." brand promise to our guests with innovative, on-trend merchandise at accessible price points. Simply put, we set the bar high when it comes to design. We're looking for creative, committed and passionate individuals who are up to the challenge of continual innovation to join Target's Product Design & Development Team and lead the product development of existing and new beauty brands. You will develop big ideas and creative concepts that achieve Target's overall product strategy as well as our quality and financial objectives. You will have a chance to create profitable and exclusive products to join our industry-leading lineup of owned-brand merchandise, and you will help manage designer partnerships for one of the world's leading retailers.Under Design & Product Development leadership, and in partnership with peers, you will be accountable for the beauty brands and associated product vision by leading the development of creative concepting and product strategy. Through your strong point of view on style and quality, develop strong brand concepts and deliver amazing design to our guests.Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As the Beauty Product Design and Development Director, you'll take the lead as you…
- Provide vision for brand concept and lead team through execution of product design, formulation, and engineering.
- Partner with Divisional Merchandise Manager to align on business priorities and assortment architecture, builds resources (internal and external) needed to deliver on assortment needs.
- Drive financial results by providing design solutions for business opportunities that are differentiated from the market place and unique to Target, including business shifts, key initiatives, new product concepts and seasonal focuses.
- Collaborate with PDD Trend Director to lead Division through seasonal trend research, and lead the design and product development processes.
- Manage the integrity of Target brands by delivering appropriate "point of view" and "point of difference". Ensure consistency across Divisions within each brand.
- Ensure product assortment is appropriate for the designated Target guest segments and deliver on "Expect More, Pay Less".
- Lead the aesthetic and quality execution of product, including: formulation, shade, fragrance, component, color, fabric/finish standards, print and pattern, trim/findings and any other materials.
- Lead, develop and manage team members. Set clear objectives, provide ongoing performance feedback, and evaluate potential.
- Leverage cross-company synergy within Target and evolve and champion the both the design and engineering roles.
- 4-year degree in Design, Fine Arts or related degree.
- 15+ years of experience in product design and development in a retail or wholesale environment, with a successful track record.
- 5+ years of experience in beauty product design and development
- Domestic and oversea market travel experience.
- Outstanding communication, presentation, negotiation, and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability of product development teams.
- Demonstrated high taste level and creative ability with strong commercial sense.
- In depth knowledge of design and product development processes, including beauty trend, formulation, shade, fragrance, componentry and product execution.
- Consumer orientation.
- Successful team leadership overseeing team size of ten or more