Inginaire is looking for a Quality Inspector to work 1st Shift for our client, a premier supplier of made-to-order precision-machined components and assemblies for several industries, located in Fridley, MN. The ideal candidate in this position will be responsible for various inspection processes needed to verify product conformance. Additionally, they will participate in ISO related activities and processes including, process improvement, corrective/preventive actions and problem solving. This is a contract to hire position after 3 months for the right candidate!Duties
- Perform first piece/start-up inspections.
- Perform in-process inspections. Ensure operators, machinists, deburring personnel check their own work.
- Perform final inspection prior to plating and shipping.
- Accept or reject parts/product based on customer specification and inspection results.
- Initiate DMR as a result of rejected material.
- Perform measurement equipment verifications and/or calibrations and document results.
- Work with other team members and manufacturing personnel in a cooperative and constructive manner.
- Conform to the company quality system as documented.
- Any other duties as assigned by management.
- EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: High School Diploma or GED
- REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: Microsoft office programs, ISO9000:2000, basic metrology, print reading, geometric tolerancing and total quality systems
- PREFERRED SKILLS/ABILITIES: Zeiss CMM knowledge, visual comparators and other inspection equipment operation Be able to understand how to apply basic statistics to the quality performance measures
- Certified mechanical inspector with 1-3 years machine shop inspection or 2-5 years of machine shop inspection experience only