Custodian 1st Shift (Thursday - Monday, 7:30am - 4:00pm)
St. Catherine University, St. Paul campus, seeks a full-time Custodian for the 1st shift (7:30am – 4:00pm, Thursday-Monday), in the Facilities Management Department.
• Check keys, pagers, and radios in/out with supervisor, or use key room procedures as appropriate.
• Perform general and detail cleaning of offices, classrooms, dorm rooms, restrooms/showers, common areas, lounges, kitchens, sports facilities, etc., depending on work assignment.
• Take care of assigned area daily following specific schedules, but must be flexible to the needs of the college and fill in for absent staff and assist others when needed.
• Duties will include, but are not limited to: Remove trash and recycling; Dust/wash all types of surfaces;
Vacuum/sweep and damp mop, all types of hard floors, and all fixtures; Vacuum carpeted flooring and stairs; Remove spots/stains from carpet as needed; Dust, damp wipe and vacuum furniture as needed; Restroom/ shower cleaning: all surfaces, walls, ceilings, lights, floors, and all fixtures; Wash window and door glass using both spray bottle and strip washer/squeegee methods.
• Replace burnt light bulbs and furniture moving as needed and seasonal snow/ice removal.
• Report all problems or repairs to the supervisor, or the FIXX line.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Minimum of 2 years general cleaning experience required, 1-2 years preferably in an institutional setting.
• Must possess good written and verbal communication, be able to read and understand information labels, MSDS sheets, work orders, written instructions and be able to report all problems or repairs needs to their supervisor or the FIXX line.
• Must have demonstrated knowledge of cleaning materials and their usage.
• Experience and ability required to perform routine custodial duties as noted above.
• Must be able to work cooperatively and effectively with management, staff and campus community.
• Must be able to perform all functions of the job that may require walking, standing, bending, and kneeling for long periods of time.
• Ability to lift/carry 50 lbs and work from a 12 foot ladder as needed.
• Must be able to work independently and within a team to complete assignments effectively and efficiently.
• Good attendance and punctuality required; Flexibility and efficiency needed as assignments will vary on a daily based on University needs.
The successful candidate must have the ability to respond respectfully and effectively to people of all cultures, in a manner that affirms the worth and preserves the dignity of individuals, families and communities.
Schedule: 1st Shift, Thursday – Monday, 7:30 AM-4:00 PM
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org