Customer Service Team Lead
Customer Service Team Lead
Join the exciting world of unattended refreshment and food solutions with Best Vendors, the largest national account management company in the industry. As part of Compass Group, the 6th largest employer in the world, Best Vendors gives you the opportunity to work with Fortune 500 companies, learn from some of the brightest and most experienced minds in the industry, and become part of a diverse team committed to providing the best possible service to our clients and customers each day. We are committed to attracting, retaining and developing top level talent—if you’re up for the challenge, contact us today. We think you’ll feel right at home!
Forbes agrees that Best Vendors is a great place to work – Compass Group ranked on Forbes’ 2015 list of Best Employers, and in 2016, Compass Group ranked #33 on Fortune Magazine’s list of global companies changing the world.
A fresh approach to great results
Do you excel at providing world-class customer service? Do you consider yourself more of a leader than a follower? If yes, then Best Vendors has an exciting opportunity for you! The Customer Service Team Lead directs the day-to-day operations of the Customer Service Team to meet/exceed customer expectations. In addition to performing key responsibilities of a Customer Service Representative, such as customer service via intensive phone and computer work, the Team Lead trains new team members, is a resource to handle escalated situations, and works on special projects. The position assists in daily coverage and scheduling challenges, maintains the daily/weekly/monthly checklists, and serves as a resource to the Team regarding policies, processes and operational information. The position leads by example and keeps knowledge up-to-date on systems and relevant industry knowledge.
Specifically, some of these duties include:
- Daily Direction of Customer Service Team: Serves as a resource to the Team regarding policies, processes, job duties, and operational information as set by the Customer Service Manager; trains new Customer Service Representatives; provides feedback on team members to Customer Service Manager.
- Resource Management: Assists Manager with selecting and onboarding new team members; responsible for handling certain duties of the Manager when he/she is absent or unavailable.
- Projects: Assigns projects to team members; manages special projects and guides the Team to ensure success of the program; independent projects - ensures essential elements are integrated to meet the client’s needs.
- Customer Service: Provides ongoing customer service for client locations and associated vendors; conducts follow up calls to complete the call and/or service; runs Business Object reports to review open issues and locate data errors.
- Data Integrity: Ensures data integrity within JD Edwards; performs quality checks on call logs; verifies accuracy of all requests/changes with the applicable location and/or vendor; takes the lead when necessary by working closely with appropriate departments to update machine information and help with collections clean up/data integrity.
- Demonstrated role model/influencer, and team player – assists team with questions and work load
- Follows policies and procedures of the department
- Problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Solid interpersonal communications skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Positive internal and external work relationships
- Excellent verbal communication skills and good written skills, including typing skills
- Professional composure in high-pressure, time-sensitive environment
- Work independently; ability to multi-task
- One year of JD Edwards (ERP system) experience
- Experience in scheduling and training Associates is strongly preferred
- Experience with call center software
- Experience motivating and coaching teams
Education & Experience
- High school degree required.
- Without a Bachelor’s degree, one year of business experience in a customer service office environment, or equivalent time spent in a business setting requiring heavy customer service, computer and phone work is required. With a Bachelor’s degree, six months of customer service office experience is required.
- Held the Customer Service Representative position for a minimum of one (1) year, or equivalent experience/role, with admirable and consistent performance.
- A minimum of two years business school preferred.
If you find our company intriguing and the position sounds like a great fit … what are you waiting for? Click Apply Now!
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Amenities: Medical, dental, vision, supplemental insurance, PTO, holidays, matching 401(k); Free Parking; Free on-site fitness room; Dress for your Day every day; State of the art lunch room with complimentary snacks, fruit, and coffee/tea/hot cocoa; Popcorn Fridays; Paid time off to volunteer for corporate sponsored events; Sporting event tickets frequently raffled off; Discount Marketplace (discounts and products from thousands of retailers, restaurants, hotels, etc.); Multiple company sponsored social events per year, etc.
Key words: CSR, Customer Service Representative, Team Lead