Sr Supply Chain Business Partner
Description: PRIMARY FUNCTIONAs a Senior Supply Chain Business Partner, you will play a critical role in the development of new capabilities to support the future vision of Target's Global Supply Chain. The core responsibility of this role will be to ensure the Sales and Operations Planning Team is positioned to drive future problem solving, planning and communication with key HQ and field-facing partners through identification and delivery of a future customer relationship management model and system. This position will collaborate with a broad set of supply chain stakeholders, and work cross functionally with teams across the organization, including internal and field-facing supply chain team members, our data and analytics organization, and technical partners to collaborate on the best CRM solution that optimizes cost, speed, accuracy, and simplicity.PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Foster a collaborative team environment with multiple headquarters and field partners, breaking down silos between groups and ensuring key business areas are aligned to deliver new or evolved capabilities for Target's Global Supply Chain.
- Leverage project management tools and methods to ensure on-time delivery of expected scope at expected level of performance.
- Proactively communicate with executive sponsors, including milestone achievement, key decisions and timeline or project risks.
- Rapidly develop an understanding of critical elements in the Global Supply Chain and dependencies on other areas to deliver a great guest experience.
- Think strategically to solve business challenges and make data driven decisions
- Foster a sense of urgency to achieve goals and leverage resources to overcome unexpected obstacles
- Understands critical issues throughout various points of the supply chain. Utilizes data and analysis to solve routine issues, expose problems within the supply chain and drive optimal decisions by bringing together information and key partners.
- Innovates through the creation of new tools, processes and capabilities that helps drive toward an environment of ‘exception based management.'
- Conducts root cause analysis or After Action Reviews (AAR) to identify and remove defects negatively impacting the supply chain; partners with S&OP Process & Innovation team to create long-term solutions as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Operations Management, Industrial Engineering, or commensurate education/experience
- 3+ years experience with project management, intake managmeent and/or process improvement initaitives
- Strong analytical and data management/interpretation skills; including the use of Microsoft Excel
- Experience managing multiple, highly complex initiatives at one time
- Exceptional problem-solving and root cause analysis capabilities; must think strategically and tactically
- High sense of urgency and self-motivation; ability to innovate and drive optimization or continuous improvement strategies quickly and independently
- Ability to work well in an ambiguous, rapidly changing environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to influence and facilitate conversation with a variety of stakeholders
- Can drive change and collaborate individually and through others on the team
- Previous experience in Sales and Operations Planning, Inventory Management, Supply Chain or Industrial Engineering; advanced degree (MBA/M.S.) desired
- Experienced user of quality principles, procedures and methodologies including DMAIC or LEAN problem solving methodologies
- PMP or other Project Management Certification