Corporate Security Consultant
Description: Corporate Security Consultant (Job Code)Classification: Exempt L4Date: June 2018About us:Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.To match the signature style and passion of Target's distinctive and beloved retail brand, Target Legal Affairs is a dynamic and deeply knowledgeable team of legal pros, each with valuable expertise from several disciplines. Whether specializing in government affairs, policy, risk management, regulatory compliance, corporate security, ethics or employee and labor relations, this team advocates for Target and its business plans in communities across the nation and works across the entire company to provide internal clients with cohesive guidance. We are committed to being internal experts to both internal and external entities on key issues that affect Target's ability to productively do business. We focus on defining, investigating, anticipating and ultimately mitigating risk in all its forms. We apply our grasp of brand law by overseeing, maintaining and ensuring correct, consistent and authorized use of Target's signature Bullseye logo, assets and other trademarked material. We help protect Target and its subsidiaries by applying our comprehensive understanding and interpretation of the laws that govern our stores, distribution centers and corporate locations. Here, you'll enjoy working autonomously with a healthy work-life balance. Your passion for learning the business and building relationships with the senior leaders and key business partners that you support will be key to tackling the ever-changing legal challenges we face in a dynamic and fast-paced retail landscape. From brand and patent law to contract development and negotiations, you'll be challenged and gratified by a role with Target Legal Affairs.A role within Corporate Security means maintaining the physical security of our team members and property at our various facilities and locations. Here, you may support Target's crisis operations and continuity planning that provides guidance and procedures in the event of emergencies such as catastrophic weather.As a Corporate Security Consultant, you will support the Global Crisis Management (GCM) team in crisis management and preparedness efforts to mitigate, prepare for, respond to and recover from crisis events and incidents that impact Target Corporation. Supports execution of Corporate Security strategy and projects that improve crisis management capabilities and processes. Utilizes project management experience to lead or support cross-functional projects related to crisis management. Coordinates after actions reviews to identify lessons learned and drafts corrective action plans. Supports policy, procedure, and project work as assigned, working directly with the Corporate Command Center (C3) Senior Technicians, Lead Specialists and Senior Managers. Participates in the C3 On-Call rotation, facilitating Target's incident-response team activity (Green Team), and by providing guidance and instruction to C3 Senior TechniciansPRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain an expertise in Target's crisis response elements and processes.
- As part of the GCM team, support strategy and enabling actions for all aspects of the GCM program and in support of the overall Corporate Security strategy.
- Support GCM initiatives, processes and best practices to support strategic goal and account for evolving threats.
- Engage with the Green Team through training, exercises and education.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of C3 daily watch operations. Provide support, when required, including establishing and maintaining watch floor procedures, protocols, incident assessment, validation, and escalation.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with multiple business partners, internal and external in support of GCM strategy.
- Research, evaluate and apply industry emergency management standards to support strategic initiatives and projects.
- Develop and update communication materials.
- Serve on the rotation for On-call incident leader.
- Actively participate in a culture of trust, accountability. Open communication, teamwork, and personal development.
- Other duties as assigned. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.About you:
- Four year college degree
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in all situations with great interpersonal skills
- Strong conflict management skills
- Strong self-motivator able to execute tasks
- Flexible work hours that may include nights and weekends
- Ability to work effectively in teams
- Ability to influence without authority
- Ability to travel
- Strong cognitive skills, including problem analysis, decision making, financial and quantitative analysis
- DESIRED REQUIREMENTS:
- Degree or training in Emergency Management, Business Continuity, Homeland Security, Security Management or related field
- Interest and experience in the following industries:
- Emergency management
- Crisis management
- Business continuity
- Experience in emergency planning, training, exercise design and conduct, and public-private partnerships
- Supervisor level experience
- Minimum one year experience working as a Sr. Technician in C3
- Experience in corporate culture
- Retail experience