Grant Writer/Pre-Award Associate
St. Catherine University invites applications for a Grant Writer/Pre-Award Associate position in the Sponsored Programs, Research & External Engagement department. This position is responsible for supporting faculty, staff, and students with all stages of external grant seeking: project ideation; funder identification and communication; proposal writing, editing, and review; and timely proposal submission. The Grant Writer/Pre-Award Associate is also responsible for managing the pre-award functions of the University's internal grant programs, supporting both faculty pursuing these awards and the Academic Professional Development Committee that establishes review criteria and makes award decisions. This position will help coordinate and facilitate grant related workshops and other education for the campus community.
• Under guidance from the Director, maintain a portfolio of major institutional grant prospects and work to translate those into extramural support to the University.
• Advise faculty on appropriate funding opportunities, interpreting funder interest and assessing alignment with University mission and priorities.
• Work with teams or individual faculty/staff to develop, write, edit, prepare, and submit proposals, as assigned. Ensure that all requirements in the development and submission of proposals are executed.
• Manage internal pre-award administration and serve as liaison between SPREE and Academic Professional Development Committee. Involves grant program communications, application processes, materials coordination, and proposal review for faculty.
• Support grant-seeking and proposal development by faculty/staff/ students by offering education and training via workshops, classroom visits, 1:1 and departmental meetings.
• Build and maintain relationships with funding agencies, working regularly with Director to manage distribution of relationships assignments based on project workload.
• Serve as liaison between the University and professional organizations and networks relevant to the work of the office, including research administration and compliance and grant seeking and grant making at state, regional, and national levels.
• Support Director and Assistant Director on metrics analysis and reporting.
• Manage SPREE Annual Report process including content development, working with MarComm to design/copy revisions, and distribution.
Special/Other Requirements Summary
To apply: Please visit the St. Catherine University Employment Site at http://www.stkate.edu/hr for electronic application information and details. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply, as are those who will contribute to a diverse candidate pool. Requisition number is #20180039-Staff. Applicants may also visit the St. Catherine University Human Resources office to submit an electronic application. We are located in Derham Hall, Room 8. Application review begins immediately, position open until filled.
• Bachelor's degree.
• Proven track record of successful grant writing or fundraising, with a minimum of three years of experience.
• Proficiency in Microsoft suite, and technology as related to the needs of the position.
• Ability to carry complex projects from start to finish, juggle multiple projects, and set priorities.
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to meet the needs of diverse external and internal customers, including faculty, staff, students, and administration.
• Prior experience with prospect research and funding search tools preferred.
• Experience in higher education/academic setting preferred.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer ~Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org