Lead Compensation Consultant, Stock Plan
Description: Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.Target Human Resources is well known for its signature ability to build the very best teams, and we infuse our work with Target's distinctive retail brand by continuously experimenting, evolving and innovating. With the chance to positively impact nearly 350,000 people worldwide in our stores, distribution centers and headquarters, you'll be a strategic partner to both the leaders and team members who elevate and nurture the Target guest experience. Our dynamic, passionate and responsive team comprises specialized people-professionals from several diverse disciplines. We operate behind the scenes to create a progressive culture of value, respect, reward and professional advancement. A role with Pay and Benefits is all about the numbers. You'll produce extensive benchmarking, rigorous market research and analysis to inform the right compensation mix for roles across the company. Your point of view will be directly applied keeping Target competitive and standing out in the sea of other places candidates can choose. You'll develop great relationships with our vendors to get the most out of our systems and resources. And you'll help team members understand their compensation. As the Lead Stock Plan Consultant, you will manage our Long-Term Incentive programs including design and program management. This role owns the annual grant planning process and manages key relationships with our vendor and internal partners (HR, Finance, Legal, etc.). Other responsibilities include:
- Measure the effectiveness of long term incentive programs to ensure organizational objectives are being met. Provide resulting recommendations to Compensation leadership to change or enhance programs.
- Recommend new practices and policies to support goals, objectives and business strategies.
- Partners with legal to ensure plans are compliant.
- Lead market research/analysis to establish competitive pay plans/programs within our markets and ensure internal consistency. Recommend programs and systems that recognize and incent performance, as well as retain team members.
- Manages participant communications and education materials.
- Provide leadership and consultation on stock plan administration.
- Vendor management.
- Manage or contribute to special projects as needed.
- 4 year college degree or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of Compensation, Human Resources or Finance experience
- Strong attention to detail, along with being able to analyze data to make effective decisions
- Results oriented, being able to anticipate key issues and problems and come to resolution quickly
- Strategic thinker that can effectively present ideas to all levels of the organization
- Stock based compensation experience a plus