Quality & Safety Administrative Assistant
The Quality and Patient Safety Division administrative assistant will provide administrative support to this division. Composes critical and routine correspondence, which at times may be confidential in nature. Will be responsible for all aspects of calendar management, meeting coordination, logistical support for committees, team meetings, meetings with outside stakeholders and ad-hoc groups. Frequent communication with members, including administrative assistance to executives, physician and quality/safety leaders on a routine basis.
ABOUT MHA AND THE DIVISION
The Minnesota Hospital Association represents 142 hospitals and health systems across the state of Minnesota. The MHA Board of Directors is made up of CEOs and senior executives from hospitals and health systems across the state. The Quality and Patient Safety (QPS) division at MHA was one of the first divisions created within a hospital association in the nation to focus on continuous quality and patient safety improvements 17years ago. The work of this division has led to numerous quality improvements not just across Minnesota but across the nation. Through its work, MHA has received many local and national awards including: the 2015 Dick Davidson Quality Milestone Award and two John M. Eisenberg Patient Safety and Quality Awards, in 2006 for the Minnesota Alliance for Patient Safety (MAPS) and in 2013 for the Reducing Avoidable Readmissions Effectively (RARE) Campaign. The QPS division also successfully won a Hospital Improvement and Innovation Network contract from CMS in 2016. The QPS division is led by a vice president of quality and patient safety who has been with MHA for over 17 years and a chief medical officer. The QPS division has multiple quality committees that work on specific quality topics such as falls, medication safety, sepsis, perinatal, etc. All these committees report to an overarching QPS committee that reports directly to the MHA Board of Directors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Requires interaction with staff, members, subcontractors and external stakeholders and experts to assist with all aspects of administrative support for QPS division functions.
Interacts with MHA staff in quality/patient safety, education, communications and data divisions to provide and obtain both routine and non-routine information as needed.
Essential functions to provide support to MHA and its members include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage QPS senior staff calendars including making local and national travel arrangements and handling expense reimbursement and invoice tracking for local and distant travel.
- Coordinate and initiate arrangements for frequent individual and large-group meetings, which includes scheduling, evaluating meeting needs relative to schedule and space, preparing meeting agendas and materials, setting up and taking down equipment and refreshments, sending call-to-meetings and setting up technical platforms such as conference calls or webinars.
- Set up and manage Skype and other webinar platforms.
- Assist team members with administrative needs for statewide and federal grants, including assuring 508 compliance with Adobe Acrobat.
- Provide prompt and accurate follow-through to all internal and external stakeholders.
- Proactively follow standardized workflows to initiate internal and external meeting processes.
- Collaborate with other MHA divisions to disseminate event agendas and registration brochures, and coordinate and collate speaker bios, PowerPoint presentations, AV needs and handouts.
- Set up QPS webinars, conference calls, education programs and award programs as indicated.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are a few examples of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong calendar management skills.
- Highly motivated individual with self-initiative skills and ability to work well with a team.
- Strong organizational skills with good follow-through abilities.
- Proficient in Outlook, Skype, webinar platforms, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Post-secondary education and/or training preferred. Three to five years of experience in an administrative support position preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
This position does not require a specific certificate, license or registration.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Database management (iMIS preferred); ability to use all Microsoft Office software with in-depth knowledge of Word, Access, Excel and PowerPoint.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee may occasionally be required to lift up to 10 pounds. The vision requirements include close and distant vision.
Apply online at: www.oasisdeg.com using the following username and password:
Username = MCCA
Password = applicant
After entering your name and other personal data, you will be prompted to enter the following code JS3507.
Make sure to enter the code correctly so the hiring manager receives notification of your application.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, disability, age, or any other status protected by state or local law, for qualified applicants who fall within the jurisdiction of such law.
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.