POSITION: Biology Instructor (PCN 00751250)
STARTING DATE: Approximately August 13, 2018
APPOINTMENT: Full Time Unlimited
DEADLINE: To receive guaranteed consideration, application materials should arrive by July 17, 2018. The search will remain open until the position is filled.
Activities related to technical and community college teaching and learning including but not limited to:
- Instruct courses in biology and other science areas
- Instructional planning/curriculum development, teaching and learning
- Instructional facilitation
- Assessment of student performance
- Student recruitment, retention and advising
- Lab/classroom climate management
- Interpersonal relations, effective team member skills
- Maintenance of professional skills and credentials
- Master's degree with a major in biology or
- Master's degree in any discipline/field with a minimum of 18 graduate semester credits (27 graduate quarter credits) in biology.
- Five years recent paid professional experience in related field
- Experience teaching Microbiology, Biology I & II, Environmental Science, Nutrition, Genetics
- Experience in online teaching
- Higher education teaching experience
- Ability to work with a diverse student body with a broad range of interests and abilities
ATCC is constantly seeking to become a more diverse community and to enhance its capacity to value and capitalize on the cultural richness that diversity brings. The College strongly encourages applications from persons with diverse backgrounds.
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
TO APPLY: Apply online at https://www.alextech.edu/about-atcc/human-resources . Click on Academic Jobs – “How to Apply” link to apply. You must apply online and attach an electronic resume and copies of your transcript(s) to your online application in order to be considered for this position.
CONTACT: Ruth Dickey; (320) 762-4484;
Benefits include health, dental, life insurance and retirement plan.
Alexandria Technical and Community College is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status. All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of employment. This information will be made available in alternative format, such as large print or cassette tape, upon request.