Lead Product Owner - Supply Chain Transportation
The Lead Product Owner will represent the ‘voice of the customer' for the Transportation and Logistics team, representing the internal user personas to the engineering team, and prioritizing business requirements, fixes and functionality that maximize business value. This position will work with a broad set of supply chain stakeholders, internal and external end-users and technical partners, to collaborate on the best solutions to drive speed, reliability and efficiency in the network.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Accountable for the product portfolio, working in the product model and communicating with business partners and stakeholders.
• Lead, manage and collaborate with cross-functional teams, business partners and stakeholders for the advancement of the product.
• Assess value, develop cases and prioritize business and technical stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy.
• Ensure stories clearly communicate the customer and stakeholder needs to the development team, to meet key business objectives and strategies for the product.
• Maintain and refine backlog: Create user stories and acceptance criteria and prioritize all stories to ensure work focuses on those with maximum business value that align with product strategy.
• Collaborate extensively with scrum teams, providing leadership and ensuring the teams are aligned around similar goals and objectives.
• Possess a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience integration and dependencies.
• Inspire others to achieve challenging goals and high standards of performance while committing to the organization's direction
• Foster a sense of urgency to achieve goals and leverage resources to overcome unexpected obstacles
Reports to Director of Product Management.
Works with counterparts throughout the entire Target organization including global team members. Works with external partners including transportation service providers and vendors.
• 2-3 years in a product role or equivalent
• Minimum 2-3 years supply chain experience, working within domestic transportation and logistics functions and technology solutions
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience with technology and ability to facilitate communication between business and tech teams
• Experience working in an agile environment (e.g. user stories, iterative development, etc.)
• Agile certification
• Product Owner certification
• Experience working with Transportation Management Systems