Sr FESQA Specialist
Description: FESQA Sr. SpecialistAbout us:Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.To match the signature style and passion of Target's distinctive and beloved retail brand, Target Legal Affairs is a dynamic and deeply knowledgeable team of legal pros, each with valuable expertise from several disciplines. Whether specializing in government affairs, policy, risk management, regulatory compliance, ethics or employee and labor relations, this team advocates for Target and its business plans in communities across the nation and works across the entire company to provide internal clients with cohesive guidance. We are committed to being internal experts to both internal and external entities on key issues that affect Target's ability to productively do business. We focus on defining, investigating, anticipating and ultimately mitigating risk in all its forms. We apply our grasp of brand law by overseeing, maintaining and ensuring correct, consistent and authorized use of Target's signature Bullseye logo, assets and other trademarked material. We help protect Target and its subsidiaries by applying our comprehensive understanding and interpretation of the laws that govern our stores, distribution centers and corporate locations. Here, you'll enjoy working autonomously with a healthy work-life balance. Your passion for learning the business and building relationships with the senior leaders and key business partners that you support will be key to tackling the ever-changing legal challenges we face in a dynamic and fast-paced retail landscape. From brand and patent law to contract development and negotiations, you'll be challenged and gratified by a role with Target Legal Affairs.A role in Food Safety means working in a critical area that will support Target's efforts to identify, prioritize and minimize areas of food safety risk as well as proactively educate and equip team members by providing simplified tools, processes and training. You will have a number of resources available to you as you leverage technology, metrics, reporting and communication to monitor and drive compliance in this critical area.As a Sr. Specialist, you will administer systems and applicable processes to support ongoing and new business initiatives.
- Act as a primary resource for Vendor Food Safety and Quality Assurance (VFSQA) Team to create, analyze, report key metrics using systems such as Brand Compliance, VMM, IMN, and Salesforce.
- Responsible for managing the organization and maintenance of Food Safety and Quality Assurance documentation and information including related data in Brand Compliance and third party systems.
- Gathers and measures data and feedback from systems, tools and teams to quantify and validate the effectiveness and efficiencies of VFSQA team.
- Assists FESQA Sr. Manager in the execution of training plans for rollout of new and revised best methods, tools and systems.
- Provides support to VFSQA Team by managing systems issues and enhancement process (e.g. Brand Compliance, SharePoint, SAI Global).
- Generate and analyze reports and metrics such as facility compliance metrics, quality metrics and others to assist VFSQA Team with measuring effectiveness of food safety and quality processes.
- For new and potential vendor facilities: execute on boarding and information request process (e.g. VMM, Brand Compliance).
- Communicate with vendor facilities to collect compliance documents in preparation for VFSQA Team to review and assess.
- Request and maintain up-to-date food safety information per VFSQA requirements (audits, certifications, etc.).
- B.A/B.S degree or equivalent experience
- 2 + years of relevant experience
- Organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail including data maintenance activities and repetitive data entry
- Experience in Microsoft Access, Outlook, Word, Excel; familiarity with PowerPoint
- High level of initiative and organization, with the ability to be resilient and adaptable and manage ambiguity, risk, uncertainty and changing directions
- Works independently with limited direction
- Strong technical and analytical aptitude