Sr Item Taxonomy Analyst
Description: SR ITEM TAXONOMY ANALYST About us:Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.Right along with Target's distinctive retail brand, we are constantly improving and innovating our digital shopping experience. Are you ready to excel in the fast-changing retail environment? Are you a customer service enthusiast who's curious about the guest and can see the shopping journey through their eyes? Then you'll have success on the Digital Strategy & Platform team, whose goal is to offer guests a seamless online shopping experience across our platforms—including Target.com and the store network's fulfillment capabilities. Here, you'll collaborate to create and implement the digital strategies that enrich the online experience through the right mix of personalization, simplicity and intuitiveness. Your ideas will support Target in complementing the beloved in-store shopping interaction with a convenient, reliable and instantly gratifying digital experience. The Item Center of Excellence is the team that sets up and maintains each and every item at Target. Here, you'll contribute to the end-to-end attribute and product content collection for all items while ensuring data quality improvements and measurements. You'll also analyze digital content, provide enterprise-wide data project management, strategically influence the development of new technology and engage with a diverse set of cross-functional partners from throughout the enterprise on the successful execution of new brand launches and programs.The Sr. Item Taxonomy Analyst owns and manages Target's item taxonomy for key product categories, by designing and implementing taxonomy strategies that deliver rich, reliable and extensible item data, which ultimately will provide our guests with relevant and robust item information that best informs their shopping decision. Position Responsibilities:
- Research, analyze, design, and implement item taxonomy strategies and solutions
- Establish and manage governance principles and design standards for all aspects of taxonomy development.
- Collaborate and establish strong working relationships with partners across different teams (Item COE, Item Process, Site Merchandising, Merchandising, Legal, Global Trade).
- Partner with other Sr. Item Taxonomy Analysts to establish and evolve best methods and practices for taxonomy development.
- Participate and/or lead in special projects and initiatives.
- Partner with Product Teams to identify and prioritize business needs that need new product (tools) solutions and/or improvements.
- Educate merchants and partners on item taxonomy objectives, tools, and uses.
- Four year college degree with focus in business, marketing, information science or related field preferred.
- Digital background in Merchandising
- Ability to communicate with partners across the organization and solve complex problems
- Self-Starter and able to thrive in a highly dynamic, collaborative environment
- Demonstrated ability to maximize relationships in cross-functional teams
- Able to influence partners while holding true to taxonomy principles and standards.
- Ability to work independently and drive strong results
- Taxonomy Management, Data Management, Information Science or Data Quality experience
- 2+ years relevant experience in the library science field
- Degree in Library & Information Science