Director FP&A , Cost Accounting & Reporting
Description: Director, FP&A- Cost Accounting & Reporting(10342)Classification: Exempt Date: July 2018About us:Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.Right on pace with Target's distinctive retail brand, Target Finance and Accounting are transforming for the better. As so much more than a behind-the-scenes number-cruncher, you will be a truly collaborative partner with a seat at the table. You'll bring your unique point of view, experience and passion for the work to your team and internal clients. In Finance, you'll be an integral voice in discussions that lead to Target's unparalleled shopping experience. Your analysis and recommendations will be directly applied to critical business decisions, from sales to merchandising and beyond. Within Finance, you'll enjoy the interesting challenges of the competitive retail space, and you'll have a 360-degree impact—rather than on just one part of the business. You'll see your contributions come to life in virtually every area of this dynamic enterprise. And you'll grow and be challenged in your career while having a healthy balance with life outside of work.A role on the Financial Planning and Analysis team means providing insight and guidance to support Target's strategic growth strategies and financial decisions. You'll deliver objective and financially-focused insights to the business owners and finance leaders. You will be a critically important resource for long-term and annual financial planning, analysis and drive cross-company initiatives. As a Director in FP&A, you will:Lead Target's business facing rollout of Cost Accounting:
- Develop engagement plan to onboard the Enterprise to Cost Accounting, which includes a high level of knowledge and enterprise change management.
- Utilize analytical exercises and challenge the way we will approach decision making with cost accounting in the future. Help support the organization in unlocking $300M+ in gross margin.
- Support the future sales and margin data to ensure end-user capabilities through partnership with EDABI and Accounting.
- Gain alignment with Sr. Leaders on future metrics, reporting, and tools needed in a cost accounting environment.
- Define and lead the development of all core Merchandising reports in order to provide greater transparency to financial risks and opportunities .
- Work closely with Merchandise leadership team to define requirements, identify potential obstacles, and mitigate risks for a successful transition
- Lead the implementation and adoption of Cost Accounting across all core processes in FP&A and Merchandising, including forecast, assortment planning, promo planning, and others.
- Introduce and drive item level profitability insights and analytics.
- Champion process improvement initiatives that will enable a seamless transition to cost accounting
- Learn the many systems utilized across Target and apply your knowledge to consultant on process enhancments/improvements across Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) and other Finance teams.
- Partner with Enterprise Data Analytics & Business Intelligence (EDABI) teams to rollout new Business Intelligence tools to the FP&A team, such as Micro-Strategy, SSAS, SAS and DOMO.
- Represent FP&A in project definition, requirements, testing and implementation of projects requiring accounting, process and/or system changes across Finance and/or across pyramids.
- Lead a team of five direct reports with potential to scale with cost accounting role out. Indirectly lead the Target India team who plays a mirror role to your team.
- Attract, manage and develop various levels of finance talent through financial reporting and analytics
- Define structure and support model for cost accounting transition and obtain needed resources to support the initiative across FP&A
- Influence, evolve, and lead a global team with half of the available resources residing in India
- Set priorities, remove obstacles for delivering on objectives, and ensure team is focused on providing value-added support that helps deliver strong financial performance
- 4-Year college degree - Accounting, Business, or Economics - MBA a plus
- Minimum +7 years business experience (Including FP&A Experience)
- Strong analytical, decision-making, project management and organizational skills
- Superior leadership skills with enthusiasm, initiative and a passion for results
- Experienced in collaborating across departments/business units and driving results through collaboration
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills; tailors message by audience, negotiate consequences, handle crisis, setbacks and conflicts constructively and diplomatically, and provide essential information to the right people at the right time; relationship-building aptitude
- Ability to build upon ideas/concepts/theories and achieve the desired goal
- Knowledge of Target's accounting or financial systems - Experience with EUC tools such as SQL a plus