Sr CGI Artist
Description: Job Title: Sr CGI Artist Department: Target CreativePyramid: MarketingPRIMARY FUNCTIONBe a driving force in Target Creative by working alongside experienced art directors, designers, stylists and engineers. Our creative and dynamic team works together through all phases of design on a myriad marketing, property development, and product design assignments. Each project provides a new opportunity to solve a problem, tell a story, and illustrate a solution. We are looking for applicants with relevant industry qualifications and software experience who are ready to bring their ideas to the table to create the best guest experience.Target Creative CGI is looking for an experienced 3D Game Artist that has aptitude in production and technical knowledge to help bring the creative vision to life on a diverse mix of interactive projects. You will be responsible for developing workflows, prototype assets, and merge the virtual with the real world.PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create both high resolution 3D models and final runtime low polygon assets. Create textures with next-gen materials.
- Collaborate with engineering team to define technical requirements and asset production quality, striving for visual fidelity while ensuring optimal performance. Create and modify assets to assist the process of rapid prototypes of experimental features using Unity 3D, WebGL, or other mobile platform tools. Active participation in problem solving, and identifying new workflow as required.
- Create initial examples of visual style and define technical structure for runtime assets. A constant focus to refine techniques and processes and develop best practices for production at scale.
- Bachelor degree in art, design, computer science, or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years in gaming as a 3D Artist or Modeler with credit on at least one shipped title.
- Must be familiar with creating content for games (mobile, console) and implementing it in Unity.
- Must be well-rounded at the whole 3D pipeline, especially modelling, surfacing, rigging, and animation
- Expert in game runtime asset production for modeling and texturing, and working knowledge in rigging, animation and other 3D generalist skills
- Expert level knowledge of Maya, Max, Substance Painter, Designer, Adobe creative suite
- Programming and tool development experience in Unity, Maya, Max, etc. are preferred.
- Ability to manage and execute complex projects in many different stages and work with ambiguity
- Strong problem solving skills
- Flexible to travel between HQ locations and open to domestic and international travel (weekends included)
- Experience in commercial, film, or VFX firms a plus
- Understanding of skills necessary to be successful in creating photorealistic CG work
- Solid knowledge of current and emerging game/ AR/VR/XR design and production pipelines
- Experience in Unreal Engine, Blender, Simplygon (or equivalent)
- Reports to Director but takes day to day work direction from Technical Lead
- Partner with internal global teams and external partners across the organization including Marketing, Technology Services, Engineering, Innovation, Web, App and Product.
- Partner with external resources, agencies, vendors and contractors