Information Technology Director - Minnesota State High School League
Minnesota State High School League
Education and Leadership for a Lifetime
Notice of Position Opening
Position: Information Technology Director
This position is a full-time administrative position managing and supporting the technology needs of the Minnesota State High School League. This is an onsite position with responsibility for programming, hardware management, and technology support for staff. Some travel required for conferences, workshops, and tournaments. Applications accepted through August 3, 2018. For additional information, please access mshsl.org or contact Erich Martens, Executive Director, Minnesota State High School League, 2100 Freeway Blvd., Brooklyn Center, MN 55430-1735
- Serve as the Information Technology Director with overall responsibility for all aspects of technology and the MSHSL Website.
- Provide direct technology support for all League Staff, including the acquisition, installation, and management of hardware and server updates.
- Responsible for management of League data including managing updates, back-ups, and archives.
- Responsible for the management, improvement, and maintenance of League website.
- Responsible for data collection from member schools and participants.
- Support finance department needs with ticketing and data management.
- Support registration and assessment needs for all coaches and officials through online training, registration and testing.
- Support the technology needs of all League programs and tournaments including seeding processes, webpage design, and information.
- Provide applicable technology training for League Staff to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Current position includes management of fine arts activities including Speech, One Act Play, and Debate, but is not required.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director.
- Minimum of a BA or BS degree with evidence of continuing education. Additional certifications or degrees are desired.
- Expertise in Windows server and desktop support.
- Experience in the creation, improvement, and management of websites.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills in small and large group settings.
- High proficiency and ability to train staff in desktop applications and effective use of technology.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, administer and evaluate technology effectiveness and efficiency.
- Evidence of collaborative approach to increasing effectiveness of an organization through improved technology and staff skills.
Salary and Benefits
- Medical, dental, term life, and disability insurance, sick leave, vacation and other work related items.
- 403(b) retirement plan.
- Salary commensurate with professional qualifications, experience, and comparable positions in other Big 10 State High School Associations.
- Other benefits as may be provided by the Board of Directors from time to time.
- A one-page letter of interest in MSHSL employment.
- A comprehensive resume detailing programming and technology skills and certifications, along with experiences with multiple platforms, responsibilities, and clients.
- Evidence of leadership of teams and/or departments.
- Specific information relative to the candidate’s development of organizational efficiencies, creation of website, content, and desire to continue personal growth. Provide examples of collaboration with colleagues, presentations or trainings at educational and technology seminars or similar workshops.
- The names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses of three persons who can speak about the candidate’s skills in fulfilling the primary responsibilities of this position.
Announcement of position opening: July 13, 2018
Deadline for receiving applications: August 3, 2018
Announce selection of Director: August 17, 2018
Begin Employment: September, 2018