Warehouse Associate I
Warehouse Associate, Chanhassen, MN
MEDIACOM, a leading provider of cable and telecommunications services, has an excellent career opportunity for self-motivated individuals who are looking for a career in the state-of-the art telecommunications industry. Our products and services include digital and HD video, high-speed internet, VOD, telephony services, and home security services. We are seeking candidates for the following position:
Warehouse Associate I ID: 12060 City: Chanhassen, MN State/Territory: US-MN Exempt Status: Non-Exempt Employment Duration: Full time Working Hours: Tuesday - Saturday 7am - 4pm; weekends if needed for special projects
Under the direction of immediate Manager/Supervisor, or Sr. Warehouse personnel, responsible for the activities related to receiving, inventorying, issuing, and shipping materials, supplies, tools, equipment and parts in warehouse location. Responsible for issuances, reconciliation and testing of CPE (customer premise equipment) and other equipment.
• Maintains all inventory in a secure and orderly manner with appropriate controls as outlined in the company’s inventory control guidelines.
• Tests, inputs, and records, the various status moves, of all CPE (customer premise equipment), into the computerized tracking system.
• Transports inventory materials and/or customer premise equipment (CPE), via company delivery vehicle, to other warehouse or office locations as instructed by Warehouse management personnel.
• Performs regular inventory audit counts (cycle counts) to maintain accurate inventory. Investigates history, if necessary, to determine reason for discrepancies, if any, between inventory records and actual physical inventory and recommends action to resolve such discrepancies.
• Distributes supplies and equipment, upon authorized request, and returns them to proper location after use.
• Performs shipping and receiving functions, including lifting and carrying loads of up to 70 pounds.
• Reviews records for accuracy and compliance with established company procedures, to determine adequacy of inventory levels.
• Prepares equipment for shipment to various locations, such as repair facilities, fulfillment distribution center and company office locations.
• Lifts and carries loads of up to 70lbs.
• Other functions that may be assigned.
• High school diploma or GED required; Technical or business training preferred.
• Required – 3-5 years’ experience working in a warehouse environment.
• Knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) and implications in the implementation of job duties/responsibilities.
• Ability to show sound judgment and initiative to accomplish assigned duties/responsibilities without close supervision.
• Ability to communicate effectively with other personnel.
• Ability to develop and implement record-keeping processes/procedures.
• Intermediate computer skills including use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word), Oracle and CSG Billing.
• Valid driver’s license; satisfactory driving record.
Please apply directly online at: www.mediacomcable.com/careers
At MEDIACOM, we understand how valuable our employees are to the success of our business. We are proud to reward them with a competitive wage and excellent benefit package, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401k plan, and employee discounted services.