Sr Email Developer
Description: Senior Email Developer (Operational Email Team) - Target.com (Level 5)Location: Minneapolis, MN (TP3)The Senior Email Developer is responsible for developing responsive email code (both front end and back end) to enable world-class operational email experiences. The developer will produce, proof, test, and troubleshoot dynamic HTML emails that follow both brand and current code standards.The successful candidate must be able to show specific work samples and case studies that show clean, high-quality code that supports templated designs with rigorous brand standards and leverages current email best practices across most major inboxes/email clients.Use your talents, skills and experience to be part of strategic thinking and innovation for your team. Take the lead as you…
- Create world class, responsive email code for the operational side of Target.com (orders, account, reviews, loyalty, registry, and much more!). Explore and innovate how we make these highly important communications more personalized, human-centered and actionable by using coding techniques that drive results.
- Participate in weekly Discovery tasks for your product area: collaborate with email designers to generate new concepts and hypotheses, facilitate A/B testing those ideas, and pivot quickly to new directions based on feedback & learning.
- Follow through on delivery: own final email code by working primarily in SalesForce. Create fluid, responsive, precise, front end HTML designs and connect back end services and logic using AMPScript and data extensions.
- Execute complete end-to-end testing of each email using SalesForce and Litmus testing tools. Ensure constant communication with product partners as you resolve issues that arise with speed and accuracy.
- Understand qualitative and quantitative research findings to help inform how you code templates for maximum effectiveness and represent the needs of our guests.
- Collaborate cheerfully with others, including other designers, developers, product managers, accessibility team members, and other partners/stakeholders.
- Consult with other teams across Target (e.g., Marketing email team, order management systems teams, and product teams across Target.com) to ensure cohesiveness of the operational email experience for guests.
- 4+ years Experience with HTML/CSS frontend coding speciﬁcally for email: fluid responsive design layouts, device breakpoints and workarounds for limitations of email clients/browsers
- Minimum of 3 years experience with ExactTarget/Salesforce Marketing Cloud platform
- Expertise using Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch or equivalent to manipulate and export email design files
- Experience working within meticulous corporate brand standards
- Experience with Litmus, Email on Acid or equivalent testing tools
- Willingness and ability to adopt new technologies, languages and/or frameworks to keep up with new trends and best practices
- Possess strong problem-solving skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, action-oriented environment
- Able to translate technical explanations to non-technical parties