DIRECTOR OF ANNUAL GIVING AND DEVELOPMENT SERVICES
Director of Annual Giving and Development Services
The Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever Director of Annual Giving is responsible for developing, executing, and leading a strategic comprehensive annual giving program, as well as the organization’s elite membership programs. In collaboration with Development team members, Marketing and Membership team members, regional employees, and volunteers, the Director of Annual Giving will focus on acquiring, retaining and upgrading elite-level members and donors with contributions up to $25,000. The primary responsibility is to engage members beyond annual membership dues and build a major gift pipeline of high-end annual donors and elite-level members.
RESPONSIBILITIES and EXPECTATIONS:
• Work collaboratively with Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever state, regional, and national team members to successfully execute and deliver our $500 Million comprehensive Campaign.
• Create, implement, and evaluate strategic annual fund development and elite membership programs and events to grow, recognize, retain and upgrade members and donors.
• Execute and manage a comprehensive annual giving program, including the stewardship of elite level member relationships, as well as the coordination and oversight of development services and donor relations at our national office.
• Foster the growth of best practices in the supporting areas of gift processing, data management and donor relations as related to annual giving, elite memberships, and the organization. The Director must have a keen appreciation for the foundation of annual giving as the enabling component of successful major and gift planning programs.
• In partnership with Development colleagues, craft, test, and revise messaging that advances the culture of philanthropy within the Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever member base and other audiences.
• Serve as an in-house expert on database management and utilize member/donor analytics to create targeted fundraising appeals to supporters that may have the capacity to increase giving to Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever.
• Develop a coordinated matrix of communication and solicitation strategies involving personal visitation, special events, email, and direct mail designed to engage, inspire, and “move” members and supporters to higher levels of financial support. These activities are all focused on shaping a robust elite membership program and a sustainable tradition of annual support.
• Collaborate with the Marketing and Membership teams on the comprehensive communications plan which coordinates membership acquisition and renewal strategies with donor direct mail and email solicitations.
• Lead and/or assist our Development Team, Field Team, and volunteers with special events around the country; including “Friend-Raisers, fundraisers, and elite member events. In addition, lead the organization’s elite membership strategies and recruitment booth at Pheasant Fest & Quail Classic.
• Manage a portfolio of high-capacity mid-level donors.
• Focus on effective communication and solicitation activities within specific market segments identified as having potential for the greatest growth. Also assist in database management tactics and donor research to help build major gift pipelines of targeted individuals for Development officers.
• Train and coach chapter leadership and regional volunteers on annual giving and elite membership initiatives.
• Help create and oversee the implementation of organization-wide best practices around tracking and reporting of campaign results.
• Monitor annual giving budget, prepare reports on progress toward goals to date, and deliver in-depth analysis on solicitation results—including, but not limited, to donor acquisition, response rate, upgrades, average gift size, and cost per dollar raised.
• Be a staunch advocate for Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever’s strategic priorities, with a sensitivity around state and regional dynamics.
• Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned. Some travel involved.
• A passion for Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever’s mission, as well as knowledge and appreciation of conservation, hunting, and the outdoors.
• B.A. or B.S. degree or higher with at least 7 years nonprofit annual giving, fundraising, or resource development experience, as well as a strong track-record of special event planning and fundraising.
• Extensive experience in persuasive and strategic writing, preferably including direct mail and email appeals, as well as phone and other innovative campaigns.
• An energetic, well-organized, and detailed individual who has a strong track record of leadership, fundraising, business development, and success.
• A strategic thinker with an innovative mindset and strengths in efficiency, timeliness, multi-tasking, teamwork, and attention to detail.
• Donor database management is required, and experience with Microsoft CRM is valued.
• Superior interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with diverse constituencies, including principal partners, donors, national team members, volunteers, and leadership in the field are a must.
• Experience in the areas of business development, major gift solicitation, planned giving, grant writing, and campaign fundraising is beneficial.
• Excellent oral, public speaking, and written communication.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Demonstrated ability to lead and coach effectively.
Compensation and Location: Starting salary and benefits commensurate with experience and qualifications. Location is at our national office in St. Paul, MN.
Application Closing Date: August 13, 2018
Anticipated Start Date: September 24, 2018
To Apply: Visit our Recruitment website at: www.pheasantsforever.org/jobs. Please combine your cover letter, resume and three references in a Word document or PDF file before uploading to the Recruitment website.
For more information: Contact David R. Bue, Pheasants Forever Vice President of Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever area an EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled.