Assistant Teacher- Early Learning- Early Childhood Center
St. Catherine University invites applications for a Assistant Teacher, in The Early Childhood Center Department. The Assistant Teacher provides support to the teacher in the classroom in implementing curriculum plans, supervising children, providing behavior guidance, and maintaining the classroom environment. Additionally, assistant teachers may be in charge of the children during non-program hours at the beginning and end of each day (AM and PM extended program) during center hours, as well as during time periods when the teacher is not present with the assistance of a university student aide. The assistant teacher position exists to provide appropriate staffing to meet the ECC license requirements under DHS Rule 3. This position primarily works September through May , and will have 10 weeks off spanning through June, July, and August.
• Assist with initial annual and prep work related to environment (includes preparing the classroom prior to start of school year, cleaning up at years end).
• Meet with lead teacher and staff; sub for lead teacher.
• Professional development (includes the 2% of in-service required, staff meetings, and meeting with director).
• Assist with the care of the environment: checks materials daily for completeness, cleanliness, proper order and place, replenishes supplies on a daily basis as needed, helps to prepare new materials as guided by lead teacher.
• Help insure the safety of children.
• Assume responsibility of the children when directed; participates in the planning and implementation of curriculum with lead teacher; consults with lead regarding observations.
• Attend center functions as required.
• Read and understand the ECC Staff Handbook, ECC Parent/Guardian Handbook, SCU Employment Handbook and rules/regulations of governing bodies.
• Maintain a professional attitude with children, parents, staff and visitors.
Special/Other Requirements Summary
To apply: To apply: Please visit the St. Catherine University Employment Site at http://www.stkate.edu/hr for electronic application information and details. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply, as are those who will contribute to a diverse candidate pool. Requisition number is #20180048-Staff. Applicants may also visit the St. Catherine University Human Resources office to submit an electronic application. We are located in Derham Hall, Room 8. Review of applications will begin immediately, position opened until filled.
• Baccalaureate degree in early childhood education, child development, elementary education or early childhood special education from an accredited college or university and 40 weeks or more experience working with children (teacher, assistant teacher, aide, student intern).
• OR Baccalaureate degree in any field and 12 quarter credits in early childhood education, child development, elementary education or early childhood special education from an accredited college or university and at least 40 weeks or more of experience working with children (teacher, assistant teacher, aide, student intern).
• Classroom management skills, including, ability to discipline and guide the children in an appropriate manner.
• Communication skills (both oral and written), organizational skills.
• Ability to work with peers.
• Flexibility and patience.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer ~Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org