Digital Media Specialist
UW-Superior is committed to making excellence inclusive in every aspect of the institution. Diversity, inclusion and equity are prioritized learning resources for all community members. We strive to offer quality programs in an environment of trust and cooperation that centers on the worth of all individuals. The University is seeking candidates who will contribute to the achievement of this goal.
POSITION: Associate/No Prefix/Sr. Media Specialist, 100% annual renewable appointment
DUTIES: This position is responsible for developing photography and video content for UW-Superior’s website, social media and other marketing purposes. The Digital Media Specialist, in coordination with the University Marketing and Communications (UMC) team, is responsible for maintaining UW-Superior’s web-based video channel content. As part of the UMC team, the Digital Media Specialist is a key part of the creative process, providing input for the various communication campaigns and other efforts coordinated by UMC.
View complete position description at www.uwsuper.edu/hr/employment.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in related field.
• 1-3 years of professional work experience in videography and photography.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
• Basic familiarity with HTML and web functionality with willingness to learn more.
• Basic web design abilities with willingness to learn more.
• Basic graphic design skills with willingness to learn more.
• Experience in developing rich media content.
The successful candidate will be dynamic, energetic, creative, and engaging. The successful candidate will demonstrate commitment to the public liberal arts mission. The successful candidate must be committed to the highest ethical standards and demonstrate effective leadership and teamwork skills. Candidates that demonstrate a commitment inclusive excellence and diversity are especially encouraged to apply.
SALARY: UW-S offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including health insurance coverage for eligible dependents.
STARTING DATE: ASAP
INFORMATION: For additional information visit www.uwsuper.edu or contact (715) 394-8012
APPLICATION PROCESS: Review of all complete applications will commence 4:30 pm September 3, 2018 and will continue until the position is filled.
Please apply online at UW-Careers (http://www.uwsuper.edu/hr/employment/career-gateway.cfm) and submit your application packet that is:
1. Cover Letter
3. Names and contact information for only three (3) professional references
4. Unofficial transcripts of all degree earned
5. 4 examples of videography and/or photography work
Internal applicants: select the internal applicant link. Registration for account not required.
External applicants: select the external applicant link and register for an account:
How to Register for a UW-Careers Account:
1. To register for a UW-Careers account, click on the click here to Register link to create your user name and password.
2. Search for the #19-05, Digital Media Specialist, University Marketing and Communications position and click on the Apply Now button to submit a resume.
o At this time, you will be asked to complete your profile. Please select Save to continue the application process.
3. To submit your letter of application, unofficial transcripts, etc., you must add the document as an attachment by clicking on the Add Attachment link below the Cover Letters and Attachments box.
4. Clicking on the Next link, please complete the required Online Questionnaire.
5. After the Online Questionnaire has been completed, click Next again to provide contact information for three professional references, if required, in the References section by selecting the Add Reference link.
6. Once reference information has been listed, click on Next to complete the How did you find out about the position? section of the application process.
7. Once you have completed all sections, click on the Save button and then Submit button to submit your materials.
At any time you may select the Save button to save your progress. When you have submitted your application, ability to change materials submitted will not be available.
If you have questions in regards to the hiring process, please contact Heidi Willeck at (715) 394-8012 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
UW-Superior: A Special Place:
The University of Wisconsin-Superior is Wisconsin’s public liberal arts college. Established in 1893 with a mission to train teachers, it later became a part of the University of Wisconsin-System, and in 1998 was designated as Wisconsin’s Public Liberal Arts College by the University of Wisconsin System Board of Regents. The University serves 2,500 traditional and non-traditional students and is dedicated to the integration of liberal and professional studies and to serving a diverse student population.
UW-Superior maintains its foundational teacher education college values through its emphasis on excellence in teaching, as well as service to the community and region. Its core mission is student-centered. The institution fosters intellectual growth and career preparation within a liberal arts tradition that emphasizes individual attention, embodies respect for diverse cultures and multiple voices, and engages the community and region. The richness of its programs creates a personalized educational environment that integrates theory and practice, liberal and professional education, teaching, scholarship, and creativity. The University has a significant investment in and commitment to campus-wide Liberal Arts High Impact Practices (HIPs) that includes a First Year Experience, Academic Service Learning, Global Awareness, Writing Across the Curriculum, Undergraduate Research Scholarly and Creative Activity, and a Senior Year Experience.
At UW-Superior, we promote the values of academic excellence, integrity, and community within a collegial environment. At the core of our values is the appreciation for, and examination of, diversity, inclusivity, and equity. UW-Superior offers day, evening, weekend, and distance learning classes at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
The University will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identities of “final candidates” must be revealed upon request. According to the Attorney General, “final candidates” under Wisconsin law means the five candidates who are considered most qualified for the position. See Wis. Stat. Sec. 19.36(7)(a).
The University reserves the right to check additional references with notice given to the candidates at the appropriate time in the process.
Employment will require a criminal background check. A pending criminal charge or conviction will not necessarily disqualify an applicant. In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, the University does not discriminate on the basis of arrest or conviction record.
Employment is subject to federal laws that require verification of identity and legal right to work in the United States as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
For UW-Superior campus safety information and crime statistics/Annual Security Report, see http://www.uwsuper.edu/safety/cleary or contact the Office of Campus Safety at (715) 394-8114 for a printed copy.
UW-Superior is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing equity, diversity and inclusivity.