Clinic Nurse Supervisor
Reports To: Clinical Services Manager
Full time - 1.0 FTE (80 hours a pay period). Monday-Friday with occasional Saturdays. 7:00am - 5:30pm.
The Clinic Nurse Supervisor is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing patient care in the clinic setting. Provides direction in the development and evaluation of all clinic nursing personnel. Provides operational oversight of patient care in the clinic setting. Is an active team member of nursing leadership team.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assigns duties and coordinates nursing care, direct and indirect provider of care based on the objectives established by the nursing department.
- Evaluates personnel to ensure safe patient care, effective staff relations, efficiency of service, while providing a healing environment, ensuring a positive patient experience.
- Assumes the role of department leader when leader is not present
- Promotes open communication within the department, and with other departments. Plans and conducts monthly staff meetings.
- Assures the coordination of orientation, training, evaluation and development of clinic nursing staff.
- Provides leadership and direction in accordance with organizational and departmental goals and objectives.
- Optimizes the collaboration and coordination of the interdisciplinary team to enhance a healing environment of patient care
- Promotes professional growth and development of self and nursing staff through identified educational needs of the organization and the department.
- Coaches employees and, as necessary, collaborates with Human Resources for disciplinary action.
- Provides leadership to staff optimizing our patient experiences.
- Provides nursing assessment / intervention in urgent and emergent care as needed.
- Supports and promotes critical thinking of staff.
- Participates in the measurement and evaluation of care. Identifying variations and opportunities for improvement.
- Performs nursing care as needed maintaining clinical skills.
- Directs and prioritizes activities within the resources and services available
- Plan and maintains staffing pattern for patient care, daily based on providers and clinic census.
- Assists in preparation of departmental budgets
- Evaluates, assigns and coordinates nursing activities to ensure quality patient care, staff relations.
- Investigates and resolves patient, staff or visitor complaints, or refers unusual problems to Director of Clinical Nursing Services.
- Follow policies and procedures for performance evaluation of employees.
- Encourages teamwork and fosters mutual respectful cooperative working relationships.
- Resolves employee issues, problems and conflicts, timely and in a direct and open manner.
- Assumes role of patient advocate respecting guidelines found in the Patient Bill of Rights.
Interpretation and Enforcement of Policies and Procedures and Standard of Practice
- Recommends establishment or revision of policies and develops organizational structure and standards of performance/practice
- Interprets policies and objectives of organization to staff as needed
- Participates in the measurement and evaluation of care processes to identify variations and opportunities for improvement.Assure services are in compliance with professional standards, state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Communicates issues/decisions relating to appropriate individuals
- Participates in department and organizational meetings as required and/or requested
- Coordinates communication with the physicians
- Communicates proactively with staff utilizing tools such as employee rounding
- Actively promotes open communication with patients and families.
Considers age-related factors in care, treatment, education, and evaluation of patients ranging from neonates, pediatrics, adolescents, adults, and geriatrics. Applies knowledge of age-related factors appropriately in accordance with professional standards and departmental policies and procedures.
Implements quality assurance standards and programs to assure compliance with standards of Joint Commission, as required for full accreditation.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related duties requested by their supervisor.
Demonstrates organizational values in daily work.
Supervises nursing personnel and support staff routinely. Supervises nursing activities related to patient care.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Current Minnesota RN License. Previous leadership experience, competency demonstrated in direct patient as well as team leadership.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current Registered nurse licensure in the State of Minnesota, BLS, ACLS (within 1 year).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, and pushing of up to 200 pounds. Frequent lifting of 40-50 pounds and pulling of 40-50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Visit: https://firstlighthealthsystem.org/careers/ to apply now!