Office Manager & Executive Assistant
Land Bank Twin Cities Job Posting
The Land Bank Twin Cities, Inc. is seeking an Office Manager & Executive Assistant.
The Office Manager & Executive Assistant is responsible for daily management of office operations, the office space, its equipment, and related systems. This position also provides executive support to the Senior Manager, Human Resources & Corporate Operations (Senior Manager, HR & CO).
The Land Bank Twin Cities captures strategic real estate opportunities to benefit people with low to moderate incomes, prioritizing people of color and populations facing barriers. Because we envision a time when all people have the opportunity to live and prosper in a community of their choice, we work to give mission-driven organizations the edge in real estate. We serve developers, nonprofit service providers, and government through brokering, land banking, and lending, to the benefit of our mission. The Land Bank Twin Cities, Inc. is a nonprofit organization.
The following is not an exhaustive list of the duties of the Office Manager & Executive Assistant position; rather, it is a broad description of the work and major performance requirements.
The Office Manager & Executive Assistant principally manages the office and provides executive assistance to the Senior Manager, HR & CO to support administrative functions of the organization.
Office Management (General Office, Reception and Meetings):
- Greet and assist all office visitors.
- Receive all calls; assist, forward, record, and convey appropriate messages.
- Prepare, retrieve, and distribute incoming and outgoing mail and packages.
- Ensure order and cleanliness of general office areas including greeting area, meeting rooms, kitchen, copy area, and storage.
- Manage the reservation, set-up, and takedown of meeting spaces, both off and onsite, including IT needs, drinks, food, and any other requested meeting support.
- Serve as primary point of contact with building management and janitorial service company for general communications.
- Recommend, procure, and maintain printers, copiers, telephone, furniture and supplies, to meet needs of the organization while staying within budget.
- Maintain related vendor relationships to ensure office system and supply needs of organization are met.
- Provide executive administrative support to the Senior Manager, HR & CO.
- As directed by the Senior Manager, HR & CO, assist them in their areas of responsibility including IT, Governance, Human Resources, and Marketing, plus with their communications and setting of appointments.
- Create, edit, and update documents and forms as requested.
- Compile, store, and retrieve organizational and program files and data as requested.
- Provide administrative support to additional staff as directed by Senior Manager, HR & CO.
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
- Perform research and other administrative duties as requested or assigned.
- Maintain a good understanding of the big-picture activities and goals of the Land Bank Twin Cities while attending to individual responsibilities and tasks.
The Land Bank Twin Cities seeks a cordial individual who possesses and will utilize the following: experience in and knowledge of the office operations of smaller organizations; strong skills in organization, written and oral communication, documentation, problem solving; proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe products; ability to work independently, in a courteous and professional demeanor, cooperatively and constructively with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds, to gather information and meet requirements while working within deadlines; prioritization skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a detail-oriented manner.
Minimum education of an Associate’s Degree, or post-high school equivalent training, and minimum of two years transferable experience in office management and administrative assistance. At least three years transferable office management and executive assistance experience, and familiarity with nonprofits, is preferred. A successful candidate will have the professional experience, skills, and commitment needed to work with the Land Bank Twin Cities and our partners as we work to realize our mission.
The Land Bank Twin Cities will offer a competitive wage and benefits package, to be negotiated with the Senior Manager, HR & CO. This 37.5 to 40 hr/wk, non-exempt position reports to the Senior Manager, HR & CO. The Land Bank Twin Cities is an equal opportunity employer.
Process and Time Frame
Interested individuals should submit a letter of application outlining their qualifications and relevant professional experience along with a resume electronically to email@example.com, noting job #2018003.01. Information received through Monday, August 27, 2018, will be considered.