Member Services Representative- Two Positions
We proudly serve more than 100,000 member-owners throughout Dakota County and portions of Goodhue, Rice and Scott counties. We are the second largest electric cooperative in the state of Minnesota and ranked among the 25 largest electric distribution cooperatives in the nation. We serve our member-owners with integrity, accountability, innovation and commitment to community.
We have two positions available in our call center. The Member Services Representatives of Dakota Electric Association are the first response to the energy needs of our member-owners. They respond to all inquiries from our current and prospective member-owners who are attempting to establish or terminate electric service with DEA. They help member-owners understand their bill, handle collection calls, and promote, inform and endorse DEA programs. We are looking for individuals that are comfortable exercising professional and ethical judgment in dealing with involved, complex and/or difficult situations.
We are looking for
- Qualified candidates who are committed to providing extraordinary customer service
- Able to work as a team player being flexible and dependable
- Demonstrate punctual and regular attendance
- Ability to work independently while displaying initiative and decision-making skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism while working under pressure
- A high school education or the equivalent
- Additional technical or vocational training is a plus
- Must be able to commit to working 10:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Willing to work overtime as need
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effectively work with sensitive and difficult situations
- Good typing skills and computer navigation skills, Microsoft Office preferred
- Multitasking and prioritizing skills are essential
- Microsoft Office programs
- Call center background
- Five years of customer service experience
- English and Spanish bilingual skills are a plus
- Competitive wages and benefits including:
- Health, dental, vision, etc.
- Training opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401(k) with employer contribution and match
- Vacation, sick time and holidays
- An additional $1.00/hr is added to the 10:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. shift
To learn more about DEA and/or apply for this position, please visit our website: www.dakotaelectric.com/careers
DEA is an EOE/AA employer. Women, minorities, veterans & individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.