Institutional Advancement Specialist- INTERNAL CANDIDATES ONLY
St. Catherine University invites applications for an Institutional Advancement Specialist in the Institutional Advancement department. The Institutional Advancement Specialist is responsible to drive and monitor data collection for Institutional Advancement. This includes entering data, creating data collection procedures and communicating those procedures to other data entry partners. This role will also do regular gift processing, peak season gift processing, stewardship program support, prospect research, and organization and support of policies and procedures creation and updates.
• Working with Advancement Operations Team, create strategy around data collection. Determine the ideal list of data to be gathered (with annual review of needs) and determine most effective and efficient ways to collect data (volunteer, event, employment, etc.) This includes collecting information from other departments across the University who keep lists and managing activity codes. Create documentation and train Institutional Advancement Team on collection procedures.
• Manage the updating of key constituent data including records for donor, alumnae, constituents and friends. Document processes to enter data into the Banner System. This includes demographic, biographical, philanthropic and other pertinent information that provides details that categorize constituents for improved solicitation categorization. Keep Operations team informed of all updates and changes to data.
• Monitor, review and be a decision partner with Stewardship Manager regarding stewardship program. Monitor, review and research donor giving patterns. Create mailings, reports and letters to donors for both individuals and corporate/foundations.
• Process gifts through direct mail, telefund, charity web or other sources on a regular basis and to a greater level during peak volumes and/or absences of primary gift processors. Create gift acknowledgements, create new Banner records and update Banner appropriately.
• Manage all aspects of matching gift administration and processing, and also the processing and acknowledgement of gifts resulting from external giving programs.
• Prepare research briefings to assist the Prospect Research Officer during peak volume times or during vacation or absence. Understand protocol and tools used by Prospect Research Officer.
• Create and manage protocol for keeping policies, procedures and instructional documents organized. Work with Director of Operations and Analytics to plan working groups to create and/or refresh policies, procedures and instructions.
Special/Other Requirements Summary
• Bachelor's Degree
• 2 years of experience in a professional setting
• Highly organized with excellent time management skills
• Strong understanding of Microsoft Office with advanced experience with Excel
• Good communication skills
• High standards of customer service, professionalism, and ethics
• Organizational aptitude; able to prioritize work and meet deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to move projects from conception to completion.
• Banner use/knowledge of
• Higher education experience a plus
• Policy and procedure documentation knowledge
To apply: To apply: Please visit the St. Catherine University Employment Site at http://www.stkate.edu/hr for electronic application information and details. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply, as are those who will contribute to a diverse candidate pool. Requisition number is #20180051-Staff. Applicants may also visit the St. Catherine University Human Resources office to submit an electronic application. We are located in Derham Hall, Room 8. Internal Applications required by August 16, 2018 review begins immediately.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer ~Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org