Sr Manager Marketplace
Description: Sr. Manager Marketplace About us: Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers. Right along with Target's distinctive retail brand, we are constantly improving and innovating our digital shopping experience. Are you ready to excel in the fast-changing retail environment? Are you a customer service enthusiast who's curious about the guest and can see the shopping journey through their eyes? Then you'll have success on the Digital Strategy & Platform team, whose goal is to offer guests a seamless online shopping experience across our platforms—including Target.com and the store network's fulfillment capabilities. Here, you'll collaborate to create and implement the digital strategies that enrich the online experience through the right mix of personalization, simplicity and intuitiveness. Your ideas will support Target in complementing the beloved in-store shopping interaction with a convenient, reliable and instantly gratifying digital experience. Your role on the Digital Operations & Guest Experience Team is an opportunity to make sure that Target always delivers on its brand promise to guests through seamless events and continuous improvement of their shopping journey. Here, you might focus on Event Readiness through impeccable execution strategy, building event awareness, cross-team facilitation and readiness communication. Or you'll work on the Digital Experience Support team, which offers round-the-clock issue triage and resolution while conducting defect and incident management for technical teams and sharing feedback and learnings with business teams. Or you'll be a key player on the End-to-End Experience team where experts drive experience improvements across teams while promoting accountability for key performance metrics and positively influencing how partners prioritize improvement opportunities. Or bring your skills to the Guest Facing Shipping Strategy team to make sure guests have a positive shipping experience via advanced pricing strategies and capabilities as well as guest visibility to item progress. Or join our Reporting and Analytics team to deliver the weekly, monthly and ad hoc guest experience reports and insights that fuel our perpetual improvement. As a Senior Manager for Storefront, you will build a strategy, manage and grow a business, and manage levers across merchandising, marketing and product technology to drive GMV, profit, and win market share for Target. This individual analyzes marketplace trends to identify new Sellers and category opportunities for the future, collaborates with sellers to offer the best assortment to deliver value to the guest, and partners with internal teams across Product, Engineering, Marketing, Operations, and Guest Service to make Target the America's easiest place to shop. You will have strong cross company collaboration skills and be able to communicate strategies and business updates to the Merchandising team grow GMV. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs. About you:
- B.S. and/or B.A. (4 years)
- 4+ years' experience in merchandising, forecasting, and product selection (including managing and maintaining an open-to-buy and developing strong business relationships with sellers/vendors and industry leaders).
- Manage a business and bring the “art” to the “science” - using your intuition and expertise fueled by data and analytics to develop assortment, pricing, merchandising, marketing strategies to deliver to GMV and Revenue goals and grow market share for your category.
- Responsible for delivering financial goals (GMV and Revenue) and objectives for each category and/or brand. Advance the business model to be inclusive of multi-channel value.
- Monitor KPIs across all channels, guest behavior, market trends, and competitive insights to optimize short-term performance and to inform long-term strategies.
- Determine white space in assortment/brands partner with Seller Acquisition to secure partnerships to cover these using national brands or authorized sellers.
- Own Seller relationships and collaborate with Sellers to strategically create unique assortments, deliver competitive pricing that delivers our “Expect More. Payless” brand promise.
- Collaborate with Merchandising to develop long and short term business strategies that enhance Target's overall assortment, through understanding 1P business priorities, Target's strategic partnerships, and the external business landscape for your categories.
- Collaborate to drive the development of short and long-term content strategies (promotions, brand launch, seller pages, inspiration, etc.), partnering with leaders within Merchandising, Site Experience, and Marketing to ensure alignment of overall channel strategies.
- Drive strategic brand experiences by partnering with Seller Acquisition team to understand brand onboarding roadmap and collaborating with Site Experience team, Target Media Network, and Marketing teams to develop brand tier guidelines.
- Drive efficiencies to continuously improve processes, data integrity, and systems to deliver operating leverage in how we do business.
- Provide team leadership cross functionally, providing development, coaching, motivation, support, feedback.
- Experience managing strategic partnership.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and outcome focused personality.
- Ability to lead a cross functional team to deliver results.
- Track record of thinking strategically and delivering results.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to tell a story through data; Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Able to manage multiple priorities, and work with speed and accuracy.
- Comfortable with ambiguity.
- Preferred: 3+ years managing an ecommerce business, with specific experience related to marketing and site experience and optimization
- Preferred: 2+ years of experience effectively leading, managing and developing people