Lead Operations Analyst - Store Logistics
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.
Right on pace with Target's distinctive retail brand, Target Store Operations is continuing to transform the way it operates. Here, your work directly supports the store mission to be the guest favorite through successfully developing and communicating the processes for operations, style and experience, new structures, new operating models and new technology, and utilizing workforce management activities for our 1,800 locations nationwide. Store Operations manages and enhances the informational resources for researching and resolving operational issues, while guiding and communicating with the field team and leaders who use them. Are you a customer service enthusiast who can actively listen to many points of view and then visualize how they'll perform when operationalized in a store? Are you happy to partner with leaders as well as field team members who are often the experts on how well a process is working? Can you creatively envision more efficient processes and how they'll deliver a better experience for guests and team members? Do you possess the innovative mindset to question the status quo, and the confidence to work under varying degrees of ambiguity and well-informed experimentation? Then you'll have success on one of our dynamic teams.
Use your talents and experience with advanced proficiency on specific subject matters to apply established standards, practices and processes, lead projects within your department, and participate in large projects across the enterprise. Demonstrate self-direction, detailed problem solving, independent judgment and decision making in order to drive results for Store Operations.
A role with Process Operations means a big opportunity to apply your logistics, supply chain, fulfillment and retail analytics experience to continuously improve the strategies that fuel behind-the-scenes processes like fulfillment, replenishment and inventory accuracy.
The Lead Operations Analyst is responsible for analyzing trends in-store logistics data that includes backroom capacity, inventory, pick and put away volume, in conjunction with store provided data, sales and payroll spend, in order to help design data driven methods to optimize backroom capacity , throughput and efficiency. The position will also be responsible for measuring the impact of logistics and layout design process changes and identifying process and layout design improvement opportunities through the use of advanced data, analytics and reporting tools. The Lead Operations Analyst position works closely with teams within Store Operations, Enterprise Data and Business Intelligence (EDABI) and other relevant enterprise stakeholders to clearly identify existing process design gaps using appropriate analytical or statistical methods, builds prototype models and solutions, identifies and builds appropriate KPIs and in conjunction with EDABI creates scalable solutions and overseas deployment of the solutions in Stores. This role scopes and prioritizes projects that deliver on the process, throughput, capacity and productivity gaps. It will analyze data that stores share in surveys, applications, questions, issues via mining and fishing to determine patterns and actionable outcomes that will have a positive impact on guest experience.
Core responsibilities are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Four-year degree in a related field
- 6+ years of experience in data analytics or reporting
- Relevant business knowledge, preferably in retail, logistics or warehousing
- Experience in consulting, strong business acumen, critical thinking and problem solving skills, courage, and strong relationship building skills
- Must possess strong analytical skills and have the ability to work with mathematical concepts
- Experience with statistical analysis, multi-variant testing strategies and concepts, regression modeling and forecasting, time series analysis, data mining, financial analysis, economic order quantity modeling, game theory and optimization
- Ability to define problem, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to write and understand SQL (Hive, Teradata, etc.) and use SQL to bring insight to life via key BI tools
- Conversant with SAS, R Python or other analytics tools
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of analytical and statistical techniques including model building and experimental design
- Proven business partnership connecting business questions with technical skills needed to address them
- Strong written and verbal communication, collaboration and presentation skills