2019 Software Engineering Internship
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
During Target's Software Engineering Internship program you will:
·Help transform Target to create a seamless and integrated shopping experience across all channels.
·Develop innovative solutions; leverage cutting-edge technologies to make our platforms even better.
·Collaborate with the brightest technical minds in building futuristic products, researching groundbreaking concepts, and influencing new ideas to transform retail. If you want to make meaningful contributions and reinvent the retail space that will impact millions of guests, this internship may be for you!
·10 week internship that starts every June
- ·Integrated into a scrum team with max 1 other intern. Likely involved with execution of sprints and deployments or a project is created from the backlog that needs to be done.
- Target covers your travel to Minneapolis and provides housing assistance if you meet qualifications (both school and parents live farther than 50 miles from Minneapolis)
- Interns receive a survey to understand their interests & motivations to determine team placement.
Are you up for the challenge?
· Are currently enrolled in Computer Science/Networking/Computer Engineering program (or related technical discipline) at the junior status
· Are a problem solver who likes to build things, tackle complex technical challenges, and you also happen to be a Java wrangler
· Like collaborating with a team and fancy yourself to be a strong written and verbal communicator
· Thrive in a creative, experimental and moving target environment
· Have experience with Git or have exposure to mobile development
...then come make history and experience “Minnesota nice.” The best is yet to come and you could be part of it!
From our Minneapolis-based headquarters to over 1,800 stores and more than 35 distribution centers across the U.S. Target offers a world of possibilities. With a dynamic and diverse population, Minneapolis has the most Fortune 500 companies per capita, four beautiful seasons, and a variety of cultural and sports events. Our mission is to research and create futuristic products that will change the face of retail. We're like a start-up with the resources of a big company to help you succeed and make a huge impact. We work with cool and emerging technologies to revolutionize the retail world! What does it mean to be “Minnesota nice”? Find out what engineers are talking about!