St. Catherine University invites applications for a Graphic Designer in The Marketing & Communications Department.
The graphic designer is a member of the Office of Marketing and Communications, housed in the Institutional Advancement (IA) division. Members of the Marketing and Communications team are storytellers who create engaging and dynamic communications that raise the profile and awareness of St. Catherine University. Members of this team serve as the voice of St. Kate's, representing our diverse student body, our commitment to social justice, and helping to achieve our organizational mission.
As a member of this dynamic team, the graphic designer provides design expertise in creation of essential print and digital communications for St. Kate's to creatively and effectively represent and market the University. The graphic designer works in collaboration with internal clients, writers, designers, project managers and web developers to create materials that accurately represent the mission of the University, achieve established objectives and communicate key messages effectively and economically, and market the University to both internal and external audiences. In addition to creating designs for print and online, the graphic designer serves as an internal design consultant/educator, working with administration, faculty and staff.
The position participates in the development of a wide range of marketing communication tools, including print and digital advertisements, brochure, direct mail and email pieces, trade and exhibit show signage, print and online publications, and online interactive projects. The graphic designer also works with printers to proof layouts for accuracy of text and execution of design, and alter as needed to achieve accurate print products.
• Create effective and engaging communication collateral to support the University's marketing priorities, connect with audiences, and drive results.
• Work collaboratively with Marketing and Communications team members to create high-quality and creative communications and marketing materials.
• Partners with designers, copywriters, videographers, photographers and other internal marketing members to concept and design creative requests for various campaigns and initiatives.
• Collaborate cross-functionally with other departments (Admissions, University Events, Alumni Relations, Development, Sponsorship, etc.) to meet creative goals, objectives and timelines. Projects may include: identity and brand development for print and digital campaigns, collateral, infographics, social media graphics, digital marketing and website support.
• Assist with art direction of photo and video shoots for campaigns and manage image selection process.
• Ensure quality and preparation of final deliverables before sending to printers, ad reps, etc.
• Assist in estimating production costs and reviewing work done by external partners.
• Research and identify new creative solutions to reach target audiences.
• Participate in department project management system and project tracking tools.
• Implement University brand to increase recognition to differentiate St. Kate's in the marketplace and develop prominent recognition in the community.
• Serve as a brand steward to educate others about the brand and ensure brand consistency across all advertising, communications and marketing.
• Build relationships with internal clients through communication and effective project management.
• Create clearly and effectively with Marketing and Communications team members to foster collaboration and team culture.
Special/Other Requirements Summary
• BA or BFA in Graphic Design or related Graphic Design degree.
• 5+ years Graphic Design experience in both print and digital design and production.
• Proven track record in design — with work samples demonstrating attention to detail, a strong sense of composition, typography and color — in both print and digital mediums.
• Strong working knowledge of Macintosh, design principles, typography (both conventional and digital).
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premier) and Microsoft Suite.
• Strong creative concepting skills and an understanding of marketing concepts.
• Ability to help clients collaboratively through the creative thought and creative process in the development of University communications for print and web collateral.
• Strong analytical, problem solving and negotiating skills. Strong organizational, interpersonal skills. Attention to detail is critical.
• Demonstrated ability to work well with internal and external partners.
• Openness to receiving and interpreting design feedback.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines, juggle numerous projects and work under pressure.
• Passion for design and keeping up-to-date on design trends.
• Knowledge of the printing process, including file set-up and paper selection.
• Photography skills a plus.
• Video editing skills a plus.
To apply: :Please visit the St. Catherine University Employment Site at http://www.stkate.edu/hr. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply, as are those who will contribute to a diverse candidate pool. Requisition number is #20180055-Staff. Applicants may also visit the St. Catherine University Human Resources office to submit an electronic application. We are located in Derham Hall, Room 8. Applicants should electronically submit their application (including a resume, cover letter, and a design portfolio, that includes examples of brand and campaign projects). Application review begins immediately, position open until filled.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer ~Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org