Social Media & Digital Marketing Specialist
St. Catherine University invites applications for a Social Media & Digital Marketing Specialist in The Marketing & Communications Department.
The Social Media & Digital Marketing Specialist is a member of the Office of Marketing and Communications, housed in the Institutional Advancement (IA) division. Members of the Marketing and Communications team are storytellers who create engaging and dynamic communications that raise the profile and awareness of St. Catherine University. Members of this team serve as the voice of St. Kate's, representing our diverse student body, our commitment to social justice, and helping to achieve our organizational mission.
As a member of our dynamic team, the Social Media & Digital Marketing Specialist works cross-functionally with internal partners to highlight University news, promote academic programs, and build engagement with our audiences. This position is responsible for the effective strategy and implementation of various social media and marketing platforms used to communicate and connect with current and prospective students, faculty, staff, alumni, parents, media and the broader community.
The Social Media & Digital Marketing Specialist will drive engagement with targeted communities by updating, maintaining, creating and expanding the University's social media and digital platforms, and work to amplify social media campaigns. This role provides creative, forward-thinking communication support that attracts and engages audiences to enhance and support St. Kate's image, values, reputation and brand position. This position must be able to create consistent, meaningful content across all social media platforms as well as act quickly and effectively to resolve any issues.
• Set up and manage digital marketing campaigns, including Facebook, Linked, Google, SEO and SEM with defined goals and measurables.
• Measure results of all online marketing.
• Create online brand awareness.
• Coordinate online marketing activities.
• Execute digital marketing communication strategies.
• Write text for online marketing tools and ads.
• Build and execute social media strategy and campaigns through research, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification that's in keeping with and support of St. Kate's strategic plan.
• Create and implement integrated social media plan and editorial calendar.
• Generate, edit, publish and share content daily (original text, images, video and HTML) that encourages targeted audiences to take action and engage with the University.
• Develop goals and measures for growing followers and engagement across all current social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Flickr); develop strategy and recommendations for additional social media channels as needed.
• Write and edit text for social media, email campaigns, web and other communications.
• Provide education and training on latest trends and updates to internal team, faculty and staff.
• Creatively develop “outside the box” social campaigns.
• Assist with crisis management and negative communications. Collaborate with other departments to respond to issues that may arise in public-facing channels in a timely manner.
• Support Communications team by developing content for web, email, newsletters, other communications as needed.
• Work collaboratively with communications team to strategically integrate and align communications and marketing efforts.
• BA in English, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or related liberal arts degree.
• 4+ years social media, online marketing and/or digital advertising experience.
• Experience with SEO/SEA/CMS/Online advertising/Email marketing.
• Experience measuring results of online campaigns.
• Experience connecting with social media influencers and communicating with an audience from a brand perspective.
• Experience with Google AdWords.
• Strong social media awareness and expertise.
• Excellent skills, experience and up-to-date knowledge of all social media platforms.
• Working knowledge of social media management/ aggregators, such as Hootsuite or Sprout Social.
• Strong creative concepting skills and an understanding of marketing concepts.
• Strong skills in analytics, problem solving, negotiating, organizing and time management.
• Excellent writing and communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to work well with internal and external partners.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines, juggle numerous projects and work under pressure.
• Basic understanding of HTML coding (preferred).
• Knowledge of Meltwater a plus.
• Photography and/or photo editing skills a plus.
St. Catherine University seeks creative, adaptable faculty who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity and multicultural understanding. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply. Consistent with the university's commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their service.To Apply and Special/Other Requirements Summary To apply: : Please visit the St. Catherine University Employment Site at http://www.stkate.edu/hr. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply, as are those who will contribute to a diverse candidate pool. Requisition number is #20180054-Staff. Applicants may also visit the St. Catherine University Human Resources office to submit an electronic application. We are located in Derham Hall, Room 8. Applicants should electronically submit their application (including a resume, cover letter, 2-3 examples of successful social media or digital campaigns you have led). Application review begins immediately, position open until filled.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer ~Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org